PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Everyone here loves them, but is there a lesser priced Meer that smokes good? I don't want to spend over a $100.00 to find out I don't like Meers.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 12, 2011
Meer must equal high-quality block , so I would say stick with

a Storient brother, his prices are very-very good for what you

are getting and I wouldn't worry about not liking them. If anything

you won't just like them...you will love them ;-)

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Ebay... theres tons of cheaper made ones... but more times than not you get what you paid for.
Personally Im trying to save up to get myself the PM2012.
EDIT: also if you do get a cheapy one that doesnt smoke well... it can unjustifiably put you off on Meer's without ever knowing if you truly do in fact not like them.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
PM or email Yavuz (storient). Sometimes he has seconds he can sell for less. Usually just a cosmetic difference, but still the same quality block and engineering.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
My first meerschaum was cheap. It lasted 3 months before it basically fell apart. It really isn't worth buying a cheap one. The quality of block won't be as good nor will the workmanship. Storient really are great quality at a great price. If you don't like one, after you let us know and we get over the shock, i am sure you would be able to sell it on without much of a loss compared to a cheaper one that many people would not touch with a barge pole.

Aug 1, 2012
I started with, and still only have, an antique African meer I got cheap. It is good but I wouldn't get one without some serious background research. Either prepare for some disappointment or save up a bit more for the "real thing". Personally, I would take baron's advice.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
and we get over the shock,
Nice one six! Yeah I agree just buy the Storient - I'm sure if in the highly remote chance that you don't like it somebody will be happy to take it off your hands.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
One more question, I have about 13 pipes and that I know is an unlucky number to have, but one of my favorite smokers is a Nording SIGNATURE on SMOOTH Freehand Pipe. What does a meer smoke like compared to that?

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
one of my favorite smokers is a Nording SIGNATURE on SMOOTH Freehand Pipe. What does a meer smoke like compared to that?
That is a question that can't really be answered. You have to get a good quality meer and make that call yourself.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Keith, I agree, but if you had to.....

I just want your opinion, not a guarantee. +/- on each, without taking too much of your time.

thanks!

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I have a cheap Meerschaum that I won on ebay. Smoke it everyday, sometimes twice. I feel that you can really taste all the flavors of the different tobaccos without any ghosting from the previous. I do enjoy smoking it very but I'm waiting for my Storient PM2012 to come in. Looking forward to comparing the smokes.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
instymp think of your first date,she"s a briar,she wants to go to an expensive place to eat,she talks constantly,when you take her home she bolts out the car leaving you very frustrated,think of your next date, Miss Meer, she looks at you with big eyes and says i love your car and you are so handsome,you want to park and make out,thats the difference The old cajun

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
old cajun, you been out with my first wife? You think I will be as happy with a sorient as my 3rd?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
It's been so long since I went out I can"t remember the protocol, nowadays the gal picks up the man , but I know if it was Miss Meer I would like her. The old cajun

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
Wow...with how the Cajun put it to words who could go wrong with "Miss Meer"

Status
Not open for further replies.