PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Kill my wallet that is.
So, I've had a little money saved up for a while now and the Christmas shopping is all done. I've been wanting to add a nice meerschaum to my collection for quite some time. I have a cheap, sub $100 meer, that I enjoy, but I was looking for something nicer. There was a pipe on the Altinok site a while back that I really liked, but they discontinued the model.
Well, a day or two ago, I went on to look at the Baki meers, which I also like, and saw a pipe that was really speaking to me. I held off buying it, trying to convince myself that, while I had the money, I didn't really need it. I took a look over at the Altinok site again, to demonstrate that there were plenty of other great pipes out there, and ended up finding a pipe there that I really liked as well. For the past two days I've been clicking back and forth between the two sites looking at these two beauties. You can probably guess what happened next...I am now the proud owner of TWO new meerschaums.
Is there NO cure for this insufferable PAD!!!!

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
Epicurus

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I can post links to the two pipes, but I don't have them in my hot little hands yet:
The Baki Pipe
I love the shape and the Cumberland stem.
The Altinok Pipe
Colored stems can be really hit and miss for me. For some reason, I find the blue against the white meer stunning.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
That Altinok looks nice!! The decoration is classy. Not too showy.
Very good choice! Looks durable too. I worry about a fancy meer breaking if the carving is too extreme.
Congratulations

puffin

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2010
Pardon me while I wipe drool off my computer. I absolutely love the Baki. Classic and beautiful. The Altinok too is quite stunning. I like the contrast of the blue against the white. Nice choices!

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Nice purchase. Both pipes look great. I'm a bit more drawn to the Baki. I'm sure you'll get much enjoyment out of both.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
That's a couple of really nice Meers you scored, congrats!
the only cure I have heard working for anyone

1. a wife

2. 0 dollars in the account
BTW, 1 is not a problem, 2 is a never ending ordeal for me. :(

nate

Might Stick Around
Dec 6, 2011
That's a nice pair brewshooter! Congrats!! Really hope you enjoy them.

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
very nice altinock, brewshooter , i have 3 meers that i have smoke only 2-3 times own them since the 80's 1 is cao sherlock homes & dr watson set like brand new , and the other some weird indan head & a gore meer calabash pipe , went i smoke them i feel i taste the meer or somthing alway taste funny on all of them or maybe just me?? not broken in yet? i dont know..

Status
Not open for further replies.