PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I bought them from The Briary so these are legit. They received them in an Esoterica shipment this morning.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
The shape of that tin concerns me. It's atypical for Germains but typical for Planta and K&K. I hope JFG isn't farming out production to Germany just to meet demand.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I've never seen a Stonehaven tin before. I'll add that Orlik and Mac Baren also use that style tin now. But I can't think of a UK manufacturer that does. It's a mystery!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Yup, factory tinned!
In the local B&M they are $20/per.
So strange to see a Stonehaven square tin!! Wonder if they'll start popping up everywhere or if it's a trial thing. Wonder what motivated it?

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Label is too big to fit inside the emboss of the lid.....I think chasingembers brings up a good point: Bootleg?

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Perhaps they had a bag that tore and repackaged it in tins? Of course that would be an FDA no no; weird.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Nope not bootleg. Apparently because the FDA thing, they are afraid that the packaging of 8oz bags will have problems. This comes directly from skip. The package came straight from Germain part of a HUGE shipment received at The Briary this morning. I can honestly say with 100% assurance this is not bootleg. This is factory packaging.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I agree CM. Looks like a last minute decision, but without a doubt it's the real deal. We'll be seeing it again as the supply spreads out.

Status
Not open for further replies.