Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
http://www.milantobacco.com/esoterica_tobacciana_pipe_tobacco.htm
Limited, but they have Stonehaven...Let the games begin!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
...and it was gone in 4 minutes...still a few of the less popular ones in stock...

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Now that must be a record!
I don't do drugs and I live in a nice neighborhood, but I could probably go out and find someone who is selling crack easier than finding Stonehaven or Penzance! :lol:

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Great advice newbie.....oh wait, I have two shops in my entire state and neither have ever carried an Esoterica blend. Maybe I should move. :)

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Newbie, excellent advice.
The stuff is out there. Make some calls, support your local B&M's while you still have them. I just added a couple of pounds in the last 30 minutes with just a couple of phone calls. That's more than enough for me as it's not a blend that I'm wild about. But if I want to gift it to someone, I have it to gift.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I have asked them about it for years. I'm starting my relationship with zack24 right now. :0

Dec 24, 2012
I have been using Zack24 for my Stonehaven supply needs for a long time now. He gives the customer a fair bit of that Floridian plutocrat attitude, but other than that he is great to deal with. Just send him a PM - you won't be sorry for giving him a chance.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I have been using Zack24 for my Stonehaven supply needs for a long time now. He gives the customer a fair bit of that Floridian plutocrat attitude

...and if anybody from one of those cold, Godforsaken places show up here searching for my stash of Stonehaven,it's a question of whether the rock salt from my Granpappy's double barrel gets him first or that vicious dog we call Dolce(that's Italian for "sweet"- named her that only because I don't know how to translate "Hound from Hell" into Italian...

25kpmac.jpg

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Since I don't know, What is the allure of this tabacco? Is it made from some tabacco that has been stached for 25 years. Or it made from a rare strain of Turkish tobacco?
John

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's considered to be one of the best hard pressed Burley/Va dark flakes being made today.

I think scarcity more than anything else drives the mania.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I think scarcity more than anything else drives the mania.
That. It certainly isn't the taste. Yesterday I attended the December meeting of the Los Angeles Pipe Club whereat one member brought a bag of Stonehaven from 2012. I had brought a jar of Penznace from 2006. Neither of us were particularly fond of the tobaccos we had brought, but we knew that others really enjoyed them.

I tried some of his Stonehaven as I wanted to see if it had more oomph than my cellar stock, which is pretty flavorless. His stuff was pretty flavorless as well. He felt that the scarcity thing was the major cause of its popularity as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.