Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedood

Lurker
Jun 6, 2014
I saw this on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stone-Elbow-Peace-Tobacco-Pipe-Arrowheads-Indian-Artifacts-Fossils-Knives-Axe-Ax-/141311355123?pt=Folk_Art&hash=item20e6d028f3
I was curious whether anyone has tried a pipe made from stone. It might be a nice compliment to my collection. I hace two cobs and two briar pipes so far.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
In my experience, they are horrible. You can't clench them in your teeth, they absorb no moisture so smoke wet, or at least they would if you didn't keep having to let it go out because flame applied to stone makes it hot. Romantic idea, but bad for tobacco smoking. I would spend the same money on another cob, that has none of the bad attributes of a stone pipe.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
In the Description on it says "the pipe is smokable" and "no one under 15 may order" what are the 15 year Olds smoking out of it?

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Depends on what you want out of it. For regular casual smoking, this probably isn't what you want. Good luck mowing the grass while puffing on it...
If you have the opportunity and the desire to learn about how Native American ceremoniously used their pipes, I would highly recommend looking into it. Traditionally there is a stem that is separate, as the bowl and stem and connecting them have meanings - but some Tribes use one piece pipes as well, like the Hopwell style.
I won't mention any particular non-sponsor websites, but an internet search ought to easily reveal small catlinite bowls with bone stems that are very affordable.

pipedood

Lurker
Jun 6, 2014
Thanks for your replies, gentlemen.
I get the impression that it's mostly a novelty item, then, and not the best for smoking. I might be better off getting a better quality briar wood pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.