PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
A few days ago my toaster (Honda Element) was unceremoniously removed from my driveway, I got it back intact (minus the broken driver's side window, and screwey ignition) this afternoon, all was great till I noticed my peterson silver lid was missing from it's special spot. Heartbreaking. I saved for a LONG time to be able to afford that pipe. My CDs were gone too, but thats not a big deal cause I use my iphone for tunes.
That m**********r.
EDIT: didn't mean to put this in 'general pipe discussion' sorry.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
That just stinks !! Have we not heard of a "slim jim" ? What is wrong with the youth of today ?

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
I can't stand people like that! I had my car broken into in my driveway once and they ripped out my dash and took my cd player. I wasn't that upset about the player but I did miss the Misery Signals cd inside. I feel like there is a special place in Hell for people that commit these crimes.

maduroman

May 15, 2010
i feel hanging is to good for anyone who takes another man's dog, pipe, truck or booze

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Sadly my insurance doesn't cover items contained within :( people do suck hobie. As for hanging, that may suffice, not by the neck tho, more like by the ankles from my castle wall, a message to any other misbehaving serfs :P

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
not by the neck tho, more like by the ankles
Why not pick a spot halfway between the neck and ankles? (Assuming that the perpetrator is male.) I'd suggest using rusty barbed wire rather than rope. :wink:

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Why not pick a spot halfway between the neck and ankles? (Assuming that the perpetrator is male.) I'd suggest using rusty barbed wire rather than rope.

When I am elected tsar/caliph/king/emperor/ruler of the universe, you can be my vizier.

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
The worst thing: the little bastard is probably smoking weed or some other vile substance in the noble pipe now. It's a horrible thought.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
That sucks man. What really sucks is, the police usually act like they dont care much.

If the people doing crap like this actually got punished for the crimes, we might see less of it.

I say (with all sincerity) we bring back the whip for criminals.

Fifty lashes, well laid on.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
I ask questions while shooting!

That's funny.
I like the line in the Clint Eastwood movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly",

when Tucu says "When it's time to shoot, shoot, don't talk".

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Man that sucks! They oughtta hang them from the steeples!
Though I find it funny cause I too drive a "Toaster" and I didn't know anybody else called it that.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Sorry to hear of your encounter with this "misunderstood youth"....The penalties mentioned above are worthy indeed....

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
That truely sucks Marm; man, if I see someone smoking funny stuff out of a Silver Lid Pete down at the Art Gallery next week, I'll give you a ring.
The lack of respect for personal property is reaching sickening levels - it wasn't that long ago I felt comfortable leaving the windows in my house open on a muggy summers day, something I certainly wouldn't consider these days. Hell, I lock the house up to run to the corner store, literally across the street and three houses down.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The sliver lining in this (albeit extremely thin and small), is that now you have an excuse to get one of these lovelies...
I know you saved for the one you lost, but I think no one could fault you for getting a replacement for it... :wink:
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.