Status
Not open for further replies.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
Hey Gents,
Recently bought a pound of PS Bulls-Eye Flake and had some questions:
1. How should I store it? To date, all of my cellar tobacco (small amount as it is)is ribbon cuts that I have put in mason jars. I bought the Bulls-Eyes in bulk, not the tin. Do I store it the same way in a mason jar or is there a better way for the coins?
2. How long should I wait before opening them? I am planning on taking some and smoking it immediately, but what is a good time frame for storing the rest to get the best out of it?
3. Know of a good video showing how to pack coins? I'm a visual learner above all else.
Thanks for the help fellas.
EDIT: If you have an image of your coins jarred/stored, that would be helpful for me.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
+1 rsuninv. Divide them up into smaller batches so one can sit and the other can be dipped into.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I store mine like rsuninv. I like it fresh, but it's even better with six months on it. I've got a batch I'm going to open this summer that is a year old. I plan on opening a new batch every six months to see how it compares.
When it fresh it's a bit grassy and sharp (not in a bad way) and it just seems to mute and meld a bit better with a little age on it. I like to tack 16 oz on any order I place.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I believe this tobacco only comes in the bulk format? I have been tempted to order some for a while...For comparaison's sake, is it similar or different than Davidoff's Medallion Flakes?
According to the Orlik plant manager who produces the tobacco LBF is Davidoff MF simply in bulk. I've found even 6 months age makes a huge difference in taste.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I've heard that 2-3yrs of age on it will make it a wonderful smoke. I enjoy it fresh already, so i'm looking forward to it aged! Might have to open a jar of it that's 6mo now and see...

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Honestly I don't buy into the aging theory that once you open a jar the aging process stops, as the jar of LBF I've opened and closed many times to take some out of for the past 6 months or so has definitely aged, it has a tangy flavor now that wasn't there before. Maybe it slows it down a bit the process, but I don't think once you open it up and then close it the process stops and restarts, or there wouldn't of been such a difference in the LBF I have as I've opened it up at least every week, then I'm really starting to enjoy it now with about 6 months on it.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
It stacks perfectly in small mason jars like poker chips. Leave it for at least a year and it moves from a "just ok" smoke to a fully developed tobacco. I grabbed a pound with the $10 off coupon from CI and jarred it up right away. I've been smoking two year old and the difference is amazing and worth the wait. As with most VaPer's it just needs some time to age.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.