PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
So here's what it is.. I got 4oz of this in my last order from noggins and it's almost gone. This flake is SO good!

I have tried different prep methods for smoking such as stuff them in different ways, rubbing them out and yesterday cut them up into about 3/16" pieces some larger some smaller, I guess I would call it cube cutting. I cut the disc in half then cut the pieces cross grain from bottom to top. I noticed a massive taste difference and it burned alot better in the pipe (also smoking in a Dublin style bowl). I cut up the remaining 15 flakes I had left, let them dry a bit and they are just perfect. If you have some LBF and haven't tried it I suggest giving it a go!

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
Its a great smoke ... after trying some given to me by an awesome forum member an order for 8 oz was placed ... it was held back at customs ... $200 ish fee inc ... I wont be paying that fee as that would put it up at $250 for 8oz and while yes its a damned fine smoke I would rather return to sender and donate it to somone else than pay those fees

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
I absolutely love this stuff!! I have only ever rubbed them out (more just pulled them apart) but I will try the cube cutting method today :puffpipe:

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
Lol yep new zealand and rather than waste any orders that get stopped by customs I really would rather return to sender and some forum member can have it instead ... in the future when this happens (lol hopefully not often ) I shall post up and whoever gets in first can have whatever it is ... lol for now its just 8oz of LBF

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
LBF is fantastic, and that's coming from someone with a mild aversion to cavendish. If you like that, seek out Luxury Navy Flake and Escudo. They all seem to be the same components (albeit without the cav) mixed to different proportions.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
wow lazybugger bad luck there. I have not had to pay any duties on my tobacco thus far. Very tempted to order 4oz of this LBF from smokingpipes.com now.

rogermugs

Might Stick Around
Mar 10, 2013
I don't understand all the fuss. Tastes like nothing to me and leaves behind the essence of cigarette on my teeth. I love both LNF and I love me some cavendish. So I don't get it. But hey to each his own. I'll sw you for something else if you want to ship to Asia. ;(

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
So I have cube cut the last three or four bowl of this stuff and IMO I prefer a different mothod. i use the "pull apart" align in the same direction, stand them in the bowl and then dump what's left on top method while doing my best to place the cavendish disk broke in two in the center. Not exactly what it is named but hey, u get it right :puffpipe:
I felt like when I cube cut it I was reminded more of a cigerette smoke.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Just had my first bowl of LBF last week. It's another one that's teasing me with complex flavors that I don't have the palate to describe yet... Definitely a contender for a spot in my regular rotation once I settle on some must-haves.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Roth: I like that name, French fry method :D
I do more of a pull apart into "French fries" but same difference. I was reading a thread about it and gave it a try and works best for me and the pipes I use.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
So my last bowl of LBF for a while I am afraid unless the tobacco fairy decides to put some "coins" under my pillow while I am sleeping :crazy:
:rofl:
So I figured I woud mark this occasion with a cool pic and possibly my new avatar :puffy:

This is of one of my favorite pipes, and flake smoker, my pipe tool and the all important LBF. Pulled apart and lucky enough it is a big bowl and I have two cavendish centers :)

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I really like the LBF a lot. My cellar is seeing more of it being added to it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.