PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
This a beautiful smoke. Crisp, clean, and flavorful to the bottom. At times during the bowl the smoke turns cool and sweet. Only had three bowls but I've enjoyed every one. The only fly in the ointment is that although it's a ribbon cut and seemingly dry in the baggie it has been a real bear to keep lit. I'll try an hour's drying time. Ordering more stat.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
When BnB had a 50% off Groupon, I ordered a pound of the stuff.

Love it straight, and it's a good blender base.
I'm going to press some into a kake, too.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
http://smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Newminster/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=102421

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'll put a couple of ounces in my small rotation jar collection, and the rest in my cellar to age. Plus, it wasn't that expensive and I love Virginias in warm weather. :mrgreen:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'll pres with the caulk gun method, and add a touch of Gum Arabic. It's what Orlick uses to hold their flakes together.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The Newminster and the Stokkebye are very different animals even though the are supposed to be the same . These tobaccos are rather fresh and do well in jar with some time on it . They are both ribbon cut, so they burn pretty fast to the dismay of the five Virginias they both hide . If you know how to sip your pipe slowly then your in for a treat .Just don't expect it to taste like a coin,flake or crumble cake from the same makers .

Status
Not open for further replies.