PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Got a free sample of this today. I'm not a flake guy, really don't care to mess with it, but I tried it out. Being my first time with a flake, I did the fold and stuff of the entire flake into a large Ser Jac rusticated egg. It didn't all fit, so I have some rubbed out strands left for a small or partial bowl. It lit well and smoked well, but I really should have divided it up into two portions and smoked it in a smaller bowl, because it was just too much for me. I can smoke my large-bowled pipes with black cav but other blends I prefer to smoke less at at time. That said, 1931 was a nice surprise. It's not really an aro, but it has cavendish in it and it has a very nice aroma. I can't really place it, but it smells like the pipe tobacco I remember smelling as a kid. Taste-wise, it doesn't really have that much, but it is pleasant. I can see me buying more of it, it could well replace my black cav as my go-to aro, because 1931 has a decent amount of nic to it, something definitely missing from my black.

Status
Not open for further replies.