PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
. 2002 MAPS Pipe, from Briar Blues, Steve passed away in 2002, I have 2 of his, did his apprenticeship under Buttera, Great Smokers.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I'm a Milwaukee Area Pipe Society member and we had a great run of club pipes in the late 90's early 2000's. IMO the reason we had this great run is that we didn't do a pipe by committee but we left it up to the vision of club member the well shape collector Fred Heim and the carver's vision. Steve did a video of the process of carving the pipes for the club. I have a copy of it somewhere in the davecave. I don't know for sure but I'd bet this is from the club founder my late friend Joe Harb's collection. 8O

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Very nice addition Brad. I have two of Steve's pipes and almost grabbed that one last week and I agree he made a very good smoking pipe. Enjoy!

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Bradley
Glad it arrived ok. I almost kept that pipe myself.
Dave - yes you are correct. A few weeks before he passed away, Joe sent us his pipe collection. Tough for me, selling the pipes of a friend. Very mixed emotions. Every time one sells I get reminded of times Joe and I chatted at shows, in emails, and on #pipes.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

Status
Not open for further replies.