PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Hello my fellow pipe smokers. I think I made am introduction post a while back but I've just now started to get active here so I'll reintroduce myself. My name's Steve and I'm from the Pittsburgh area. Ive been smoking pipes for about 2.5 years now, and it has become where I find most of my enjoyment most days (outside of family). I now have about 60-65 pounds of different tobacco blends in my cellar from numerous manufacturers, including a few pounds of blending tobacco, which I use to blend some of my personal projects. I don't have a favorite type of blend, and I thoroughly enjoy English, VA/Per, VA, dark fired, and aromatic blends, with aromatics being my least favored outside of the British variety. I have 10 pipes, including 1 meerschaum, 5 briars, and 4 cobs. Recently I'm pretty obsessed with GH and SG blends, along with my favored dunhill blends. Old Dark Fired is my favorite blend, if I had to pick one, though to be honest I never sit on one blend for long and new blends go in and out of my rotation constantly. I'm a sucker for the novelty of new smoking experiences. Several make their way back into my rotation frequently, however, including Plum Pudding Special Reserve, ODF, Bayou Night, Sunday Picnic, Maltese Falcon, Dunhill Elizabethan and Dark Flake, and too many others to list here. Hope to chat with all of you in the forums. Happy smoking!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I once spent a month working in Pittsburgh, eating pierogi, playing darts and sucking suds at Nico's Recovery Room.
From a fellow ODF acolyte, welcome.
jay-roger.jpg

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome Steve. I'm also from the Pittsburgh area and new to pipe smoking. Been about 6 weeks now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whoa, you're a real tobacco guy. Welcome aboard. I like every blend you mention that I've smoked, I think. Have you ever visited Pipes and Cigars? Do you live there? ha.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I'm sure I'll see you at Allegheny Smokeworks some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.