Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Apparently Sterlings is suffering from his price increase a while back. Jack just sent out an email offering a buy 2 pouches and get one free deal by mail only. I will post a copy if any one is interested as I can't take advantage of this. They have some good quality tobacco.
Hello Friend, If you haven't tried my tobaccos or if you'd like to try something new, here's your chance.

a) Go to my web site www.sterlingtobaccoco.com or tobacco catalog and choose three pouch size (some are 2 oz. and others 2.5 oz.) blends you would like to try. b) Mail this letter and mail payment (check, cash or money order) for any two pouches to: Sterling Tobacco Co PO Box 1151 Sterling, IL 61081 c) Be sure to include your name and mail address. d) You will get the third pouch free! Shipping free! And a free sample of my Bargain Blend. The offer expires August 31and is valid one time only. Pouch 1________________Pouch 2______________Free Pouch________________ Name__________________________ Street__________________________ City_______________________________State________Zip______________ Jack

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If you know this guy, you night suggest he set up his site to accept credit cards and paypal. I think that could be his biggest problem if his business is not doing well. I have never heard of a company asking to send a check or money order to someone they have never done business with. Every on line company I have ever done business with uses paypal or credit cards for their customers convenience. Just a thought.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I have only made one purchase from him about a year ago. But when I got my order he is one of the few retailers that is big on mail order sales.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I've ordered from him several times..usually you get your order with an envelope and an invoice. Probably the only place (at least one of a very few) that still do business that way, and he has some very good blends. In fact one of my very favorites is one of his.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
This reminds me a little bit of Uhle's. Although one can pay with credit card, their website doesn't take online orders. To purchase their blends, one must call the shop. In a day and age of impersonal business paradigms, dealing with a business that wants a personal relationship with their customers is refreshing, if a bit old fashioned.
Besides, they have some dang nice tobaccos. :D

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Boswell's is like that a bit. A nice lady asked me if I wanted to have my debit card number shredded or should they keep it on file. My first response was almost "No way! People still write things down?"

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
His blends are some of the very best I've ever tried. I'm just not in a very good economic position to be able to afford his prices.
He is a dinosaur and the website and little to no advertising is hurting him greatly. It'd be a shame to see him go. I was hoping he'd hang on until I've found a better job.
American Patriot is the best thing I've ever had to this day.
If he doesn't change his ways he's going under. :crying:

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well I did the calculations and with this deal you will get what sounds like 4 tobaccos at his old price this way. If I could afford it I would take advantage of it. Jack doesn't do this often.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I've been doing business with Jack over the past couple years. He has great blends and and service. His blends are a little more expensive than some, but the quality is excellent. His Balkan Sterling and 1776 Tavern blends are second to none.
:puffpipe:

choch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
I've never tried his blends, but I just had a look at his website. He has an online shopping cart, but payment process seems cumbersome. To be very honest, unless I really wanted some of his 'baccy I wouldn't go to the trouble. It's so easy to use Paypal that I don't see why he wouldn't offer that option. It just seems that he's costing himself business.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have no problem calling a company and putting in an order like I do at Boswell's, and then giving them a credit card. I understand people being set in their ways, but when it costs you your business, you might want to re think.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have no problem calling a company and putting in an order like I do at Boswell's, and then giving them a credit card. I understand people being set in their ways, but when it costs you your business, you might want to re think.

This is absolutely right-on, but for one small thing: Jack is up there age-wise. He may be losing money but not care because he loves what he's doing and doesn't have any plans for Sterling to continue after he goes. That's the only thing that comes to my mind as to why his business model is so dated.
-Jason

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
If he doesn't give his business a leg to stand on then I hope he sells it.
So we can get someone like P&C to make his blends lol
That would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.