PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I hope Steven won't mind this post, but I suspect he hasn't done so because he may be a bit shy, or is simply in the throws of grief right now. You see, Stephen lost his loyal feline companion of 20 years recently, Lexington, and from little I know from his Facebook info, Lexington was truly a remarkable companion, always in Stephen's workshop when he would be working on a pipe. The pipe for me was one of the last pipes Stephen created with Lexington helping with his presence.
1234817_10152655577448689_3939660598815548751_n.jpg

Although I have not known Stephen for long, through our correspondences I know enough to be able to say he is a remarkable person of heart, and as a fellow lover of animals who has lost many a companion, I know he must be going through great grief. So send him a line if you're so inclined or good thoughts and wishes on his loss.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I had two 17 y/o cats die, one in 2012 and another in 2013. I am now with my 5th cat. Enjoy and love them while you can, but unless you can confer the gift of immortality, sooner or later you're going to have to say goodbye. And it's hard to watch your heart sicken and diminish. My hope is that a new kitty made just for him comes Mr. Downie's way, if he so desires. All you have to do is love them.

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
Sorry to hear if Mr. Downie's loss. So far my wife and I have lost two aged rescue dogs.

woopigsooie

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
I hate to hear that. My boxer, Rocky, died not long ago and I'll be honest, I was pretty tore up about it. I was really surprised by how upset I got.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Those of us who love our pets know the joy that they bring to our lives, and the sadness that we endure when they die. My sympathies to Mr. Downie on his loss. A pipe and a toast, tonight, to honor Lexington.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Looking at the picture of Lexington I am reminded of my former cat companion, Quincy. He would also sit on a stool while I worked. He would just there all the time watching. I sort of feel we were sharing the same thoughts on a piece of music I was writing. He's long gone now, but I swear I see him out of the corner of my eye sometimes.
I have two more "rescue" cats now but it's a little different with them since they mostly are off doing their own thing. Smokey the cat will come out and enjoy a pipe with me occasionally...something his brother and the Boris the dog have shown no interest in doing.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
There's a saying that the one time an animal companion will break your heart is when he dies. I felt more grief over the loss of my dog than any number of relatives.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I can only say I am sorry for his loss. I have a "buddy" cat as well. Bailey and I spend a lot of time together. My true sidekick whenever I am home. He never fails to find time to sit with me and show affection. I will one day mourn his passing very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.