Pipes Magazine » Pipe Repair and Maintenance

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Stem restore, white logo

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What is the best way to make the logo white again on an old stem while restoring it?
    Thanks!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I used some of my wife's white nail polish,dabbed a little then a quick wipe off with finger left it in the indentions, it was a willmer, made the W stand out and that polish is hard, worked quite well for me. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. cajundad

cajundad

Login to Send PM

I did the same with a Stanwell after The Old Cajun recommended it to me a couple weeks ago , worked great ! I also used whit out on a irc , worked well to but the polish was a more satin finish , where as the whiteout was flat . Good luck !

"A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan."
    -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Gentlemen. Will buy white nail polish. Heard of the white-out method for Glocks.

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I've used white out, but I suspect the white nail polish will last a lot longer. It will also require a more deft hand with less chance for error.

Al

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I also used the white nail polish as Cajun suggested above. Sally - Hard as Nails brand I think. It worked great and is holding up nicely after several months.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodserling

Login to Send PM

A less drastic measure is to use tippex. Its much easier to the excess from surrounding stem.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. rockrat

rockrat

Login to Send PM

Speaking of coloring lettering on Glocks, I have used crayon to do the very same. Plus, you can use different colors, for something different. Did this on an Springfield XD .45acp mag. Be sure to de-grease any metal suface well. I'd imaging the same technique would work well on a pipe bit as well. Maybe clean well with alcohol first, then rub crayon in well...buff like crazy with a clean, soft cloth. If you try this, let us know how it works for you.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   oldreddog, tbradsim1, jah76, peckinpahhombre, robin, jarit, andya27, kq4e, crpntr1, darwin