PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I just dropped and broke the stem (mouthpiece) of my Savinelli 620ks Bulldog. Where can I get a replacement? I really like this pipe, good smoker. That hurt my heart when it hit the carpeted/hardwood floor and ended up in two pieces. :-(

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Sounds good. I appreciate the replies. This is too good a pipe to not have repaired. Not my favorite or a long means from most expensive but it's a great smoker. I will be watching for more forum members to chime in. Mark Tinsky would be a great choice as well as the one that mcitinner1 recommended.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I see that I accidentally posted my Savinelli was a 620ks, it is not. It is a 624ks. Not that makes any difference, but wanted to get it right. :)
I just sent Mark Tinsky an email. We will see what he recommends and if he is able to fix it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
From price lists I've seen, this is not a major expense, particularly for a name brand where the design is well known. I'd go for someone who is well regarded, even if it costs a little more. That's a quality pipe.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Mark Tinsky contacted me almost immediately and the pipe will be going to him tomorrow. Thanks for the input! Blessings from Tupelo, MS !!!

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
I've got a 624 that needs a new stem too. I'd be curious to see what kind of a job he does on your pipe. When done lets see a picture.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I will definitely let everyone know. He should have received it yesterday. I did tell him that I was not in a hurry, so we will see how long and how much. Looking at Mark's work, I'm sure it will be fixed right and well.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Mark Tinsky already has my Sav 624 repaired. Price was $24 plus shipping. I consider that very reasonable and very fast. He also tempted me with a pipe like I had told him that I was interested in..... soooooo I have my very first Mark Tinsky pipe coming back with my Sav. I've been wanting a Tinsky for over a year, so might as well pull the trigger. LOL

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Here are a few pics of my new Mark Tinsky pipe. My first Tinsky. I just lit up my first bowl or Capstan Blue. Smoking like a champ, even first bowl. I'm very happy.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Now this is my repaired Savinelli 624ks. I couldn't be happier with Mark's work on this pipe. Thanks Mark !

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
That's a mighty fine MT you've got there. Great work on the Sav too. Did he repair the stem or replace it?

Status
Not open for further replies.