Here
Yes, I think I have that.
No, I can not find it.
jay-roger.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I know where all my tins are. I can’t find my wife though. She said something while I was organizing my Va/Pers but I can’t recall what it was. I think that was monday?

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I had that same experience last night, except mine ended in a more preferable "yes, I do indeed have that after all"

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
State of MY cellar -- non-existent. House is on a slab. However I make up for it by spreading the leaf around. In he garage, in the bedroom, in the living room, on the sofa, in the computer room, in the garage, (yes, I know), in the car, the car, & the car. "Honey, I'm good." -- A. Grammer
Bill

Jun 23, 2019
@npod - WOW Neal! Can we get a *NSFW* tag for the forum. Might need to go take a cold shower on my lunch break now. Cheeeeezus.
Also, as someone who's just started to venture into cellaring nicer blends, any tips of organization?

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Also, as someone who's just started to venture into cellaring nicer blends, any tips of organization?
It is going to depend on a lot of factors. How much room do you have to cellar? How much do you want to cellar in terms of amount and length of time? What blends are you going to cellar, bulk, bagged, square, or round tins?
I use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of what I have. I have a lot of plastic storage bins that I have numbered. On my spreadsheet I track which bins the tobacco is in. I store bagged tobacco and tins in the storage bins and I have bulk blends jarred and stored in a large converted armoire. I store my open tins jarred and in racks where I can access what I feel like smoking at that time.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017

Spreadsheet and labels and good quality containers. I finally got around to building a shelf and organizing the containers by numbers. The numbers correlate to the spreadsheet. I now know exactly where everything is. Best decision I ever made.
Example

rsR1lwS.jpg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
@Neal. I like the way you repurposed the treadmill into a tobacco shelf. Years ago I had an exercise bike that I used as a coat rack. :puffy:

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
When I see the treadmill I am motivated to run. To run out and buy more tobacco!
Yeah, been there, done that too. The treadmill comes in handy for sure!

U9G8E9Z.jpg

frankrem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2019
Huntsville, Arkansas
(CTPD) Compulsive Tobacco Purchasing Disorder - I am beginning to see how easily this can develop. I already have 1 and 2 oz samples of tobacco everywhere. I have yet to begin to cellar really- or buy in bulk some of my favorites.. I am just in the beginning phases of wanting to try everything and already the tobacco is piling up.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
It was my girlfriend. She took the picture. She is the vampire.
Here she is :puffpipe:

w8Ad9de.jpg

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
I just fell on the floor npod, am 63 and been smoking pipes for a LONG time. I THOUGHT I had lots ready to go, but this, THIS puts my collection in the toilet...

I need more, MORE...
Dan

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Admiring your cellar, npod. I've only got maybe 15 pounds worth (mostly just a few jarred bulk blends plus a limited collection of my favorite tins), which is pretty easy to keep track of, so I thought that the whole spreadsheet thing was kinda goofy. However, if I had a collection like that, I would definitely keep a spreadsheet just so I could find what I was looking for, as you mentioned.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I try to live within the limits of my own confusion. However, I can never take a hike though my stash (not really expansive enough for a hike, more like a lurch or two) without finding something I didn't remember I had. I have 8 and 2 oz unopened cans of Potlatch, but otherwise have no duplicates. I have a tub or two. At a bowl or two a day, it takes me time to finish off a tin in rotation. For me, I have a gracious plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.