PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
So i want to build my own rack. I like things on some of the racks I have seen but I have a few ideas I want to put in my rack that I have never seen on any racks. Going to get my father in laws help with it as he has the tools. Got rid of mine after a divorce. Wish me luck.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
It was a little tough. My GP made the shelves with the crossed dowels originally... I didn't know about them until I took the shelves apart. Getting the length right was the hardest part. But, I imagine drilling all of those angled holes was a bit tedious.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Tokerpipes: I made one with my grandson over the winter break. Wasn't hard at all... since he's only 12 ;-) It was just something to keep him busy and for me to put on my desk.
Here's the original link and in there a link to a little video I made out of the pictures.
My Piperack project

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I have one similar to that.
I am making one that can be mounted on a wall or sit on a table/ book case. Its going to be about 2 feet tall and 3 feet wide with completly adjustable racks, not just the top lean. On top it will hold up to 6 mason jars for tobacco. I am guessing it will hold 25-30 pipes once completed. Glass doors too.
Oh and I am doing it real cheap. Free out of the slatts from pallets. Got the plans down on graph paper, working on measurments.
I give it a couple of weeks so I can prep the wood and get the time with the tools.

biloxi123

Might Stick Around
Apr 13, 2011
Layton, UT
Got rid of mine after a divorce.

I feel your pain Bro! Same thing happened to me! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I only have one space left in my current rack and I have 2 pipes inbound. Your new rack might give me the inspiration I need! Good luck and post pics when you get her done!
Oops! I gotta pay better attention! Love the pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.