PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
My Wonderful Wife gave me a membership in PipesAndCigars.com's Pipe Tobacco of the Month club for our anniversary. At the moment, I have open jars of Peterson Special Reserve (2015); Frog Morton; Milan Burley; McClelland 221b; and 2 different blends from the Jacksonville B&M I recently visited. So, when this month's shipment came in (with 4 ounces of Stokkebye's Bulls Eye Flake), I decided it was high time to start a cellar.
I broke out 2 ounces of the BSF to smoke now and everything else (even the aros) went into a box up in the closet. Here's my humble beginning:
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/foolwiththefez

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I expect it will with roughly 8 ounces of tobacco coming in once a month for the next 5 months... and yet, I'm still tempted to place another order. I want to try a lakeland blend and I need to pick up some 221-b to stick in the cellar as a gift for a friend next year.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Cellaring is cool. Good for you. As a general matter, time is our friend. I am going to put at least five years plus on mine before I even think about touching mine. 2021 is my target year for about 70 lbs with 5 years plus. Hoping it lasts me for the balance of my time here on earth with small monthly additions to fill in the back end so I am always at 5 years plus.

Dec 24, 2012
Here's my humble beginning
Nicely done. Be cautious, however, as cellaring can easily get out of hand and turn to this:
qJlsXT5.jpg

HrFKgTW.jpg

7qWLLTY.jpg

lniXY2L.jpg

I hope your wife realizes what she has started.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I look at that, peckinpahhombre, and I'm not even jealous. I'm terrified. My god that is a huge cellar. Do you know how many pounds you're up to? Have you ever calculated how long it would take to smoke all of that? Is it is a gift for your children?

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Thanks peck! You make me feel like a reasonable man lol! ;)
Ill have to show my wife these photos. Will give me an edge.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Wow peck that is insanely awesome! Makes me think that my 6 pouches of CB and BR is super lame haha

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Hak, I WOULD NOT show Peck's cellar to your wife. She'll cut you off! Probably get in the way of your tobacco buying too...

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"Do you know how many pounds you're up to? "
Go to Tobacco Cellar and you can see for yourself. Around 680 pounds as I recall. It is an awesome cellar with some seriously good tins ticking away.

nutcracker

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2015
Thanks for posting this. It was a great reminder to start the online tracking for myself.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
Peck ... Goodness gracious. I felt that three shelves of a small closet in my apartment was excessive. Good for you. Seeing this, I can justify a few more orders to my collection.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"...particle board only sags so much then crack."
I noticed the sag. He is asking a lot of those shelves.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
I showed my wife Peck's pictures to try and defend my own cellar. She said "just because someone's even crazier than you doesn't mean you're still not crazy too."

Dec 24, 2012
cat - in one of my pics on this thread you can see the label. Anchor - full name Anchor Hocking. I buy them up here at Walmart for around $9. I know that Harris buys the same jars at Walmart in Florida. They look identical but if I recollect, his had a different brand name on them, They hold 2 of those 8 oz Peretti paint can tins perfectly. I did a couple of tests with them before I started using them by putting water in them and seeing if they would leek if I shook them and spun them around and they seem to seal perfectly. It is just backup protection really.

Status
Not open for further replies.