PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I bought this little gem a few weeks ago as a buy it now from eBay. It actually had two different colors of stain. After some light sanding and restaining this is the outcome.
Stanwell Majestic 204. Before, you will see the stain differences.
204_5.jpg

204_2.jpg

204_4.jpg

And now for the outcome of the little project.
horn6.jpg

horn7.jpg

horn10.jpg

horn12.jpg

horn13.jpg

horn8.jpg

horn9.jpg

horn18.jpg

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Very nice work, Steve !!! Love it !!! I'm a Stanwell fan !!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Imagine how much they would have wanted on ebay if this work had been done first. Bid on that!

What a prize. The grain is spectacular.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Very nice indeed! How did you restain it?
augusto, Once the sanding was completed I applied a layer of Carnauba Wax followed with a diamond wheel buffing. If I had used a stain the outcome would have been darker than the lighter finish I wanted for this pipe. Thanks!

augusto

Lurker
Feb 7, 2014
São Paulo - Brazil
Very nice indeed! How did you restain it?
augusto, Once the sanding was completed I applied a layer of Carnauba Wax followed with a diamond wheel buffing. If I had used a stain the outcome would have been darker than the lighter finish I wanted for this pipe. Thanks!
Thanks Durham for the information! It's very impressive what a layer of carnauba wax can do to highlight the grain. I just realized that you are the owner of the Brebbia Linea A that I saw some time ago here in the forum, amazing job with the carnauba polishing.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Wow, excellent job, that looks almost brand new. Just goes to show what a little elbow grease can do and the great deals out there on beautiful pipes with a little extra dirt on the surface hiding their true colors, pun intended!

Status
Not open for further replies.