PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Just got this off eBay this week- haven't smoked it yet! I plan to on Sunday as a reward to myself after having helped lead a 24-hour prayer vigil, 4 Good Friday services, and 3 Easter Services!
Scored this on eBay. Good price, fantastic condition, needed minimal attention to clean up, and it's my first Stanwell!

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Great looking Stanwell. Stanwells are great pipes and I hope that this one smokes like a champ for you.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Sometimes we fail to appreciate the hours and hours of dedication Ministers commit to their communities.
Thanks.
As for the pipe, it sure looks good, especially with those tins of tobacco in the background just begging to be smoked!
Time for a well deserved smoke and some quiet reflection.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Great score on the pipe, I hope she smokes well for you.
+1 on those tobaccos in the pic. Those are two of my favorites

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
Enjoy that Stanwell! They're great pipes, and I really like their rustication. I have several, both made in Denmark and made in Italy. Very consistent.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
When Poul Nielsen (AKA Poul Stanwell) started the company in 1942 he was doing a kindness to not just Danish pipe smokers but to the rest of the world as well. There are some great Stanwell pipes and the average Stanwell is a reliable smoker. I would hazard to guess that most of the forum members have at least 1 Stanwell and some of the classic Danish designs from Ivarsson, etc which are out of our price range can be found as a facsimile at Stanwell. No, they don't pay me to say this stuff.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bought my first Stanwell a few months ago, a bulldog 32 silk brune, what a great little pipe. It is Italian made,

but has all the solidity and smooth smoking attributes people like from the Denmark pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.