PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I remember reading another thread on here recently that had additional information as well as pictures of a distribution warehouse. Perhaps other members might have additional information.
I hope you can locate the pipe you want at a price that you consider reasonable.

backyshop

Lurker
Nov 21, 2011
The good news is we have just managed to obtain some of the Hans Christian Anderson at the Black Swan Shoppe as they have been re-released.

The bad news is they have nearly doubled in price! We were told that Stanwell originally made a mistake on pricing and were loosing money on them. This has obviously put a lot of retailers off but we love them that much, we are re-stocking them.

We are just waiting on a delivery and will be able to confirm the new price in the coming weeks.

If you haven't managed to find one yet drop us an email or give us a ring and ask for Kris.

Dec 24, 2012
I bought one sometime back and have only smoked it a couple of times. It just wasn't my thing I guess. When I get my act together and get organized I will probably try to find a home for it on the forum at some point.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I have noticed that many of the HCAs on ebay are sold with only one stem so buyer beware!

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Just picked up a Stanwell HCA tube: pipe and two stems from Pipes and Cigars. It's a nice forward leaning pipe at a nice price:

Gorgeous offerings (at a higher price) available here:

http://www.tobaccopipes.com/stanwell-hans-christian-andersen/

qmechanics

Lurker
Dec 17, 2012
Kansas
You can sometimes find Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen pipes on Cigarbid's new Pipe and Pipe Tobacco category for around 50-70 and other pipes as well. If you enjoy Lane bulk RPL6, MV-1000,HG-2000 etc., they sell from around 11-15 dollars a pd. If you are into Captain Black and such 10-20 for a 12 ounce can is typical. They also carry Dunhill, Bengal Slices, Gurkha, Orlik, Ashton,Lane,

Seattle Pipe Club,MacBaren and other tins ( Not to mention pipe related products).

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Didn't realize these had gotten scarce. Bought 1 years ago, a blasted calabash with smooth rim. Price then was around $100. Seldom use the churchwarden stem but do like the profile of the 1/4 bent pipe and has a nice classic calabash shape.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some weird sense of stability makes me want only one stem per pipe. I'd rather buy two pipes with two stems, even if I had to wait to buy one of them. I think this is my mind-set rather than any rational thinking. I sort of feel like I know what a pipe is. When I added Forever stems to my cobs, I saved the original stems but just stored them, never use them at all.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
I'd rather buy two pipes with two stems, even if I had to wait to buy one of them.

I see I posted about my Stanwell HCA tube two years ago. I agree with Tom (mso489) on the single stem mentality.

The tube, with a pipe and two stems, is sitting unsmoked through either stem to this day.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
They're online at pipes and cigars now. I have one and have never used the churchwarden stem. It's a very nice looking pipe, have had it maybe 2 years but it has never been a fav and has not had much use, will go ebay soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.