PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
Have a few pipes on the way that have some very nice grain with the top one being a flawless. I am really looking forward to adding these to my collection.
stanflaw-600x450.jpg

stanbil-600x450.jpg

stanbra-600x450.jpg

Reactions: Pierre1965

rx2man

May 25, 2012
I will enjoy looking at them but they will not be smokers. Will go in my glass front pipe cabinet. They are for looking lol.....

owen

May 28, 2014
Nice. rx2man are you specifically a stanwell collector? Please post some nice pictures of the flawless wen they arrive.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
No not only stanwell. I like Petersons with silver as well. I also keep an eye out for Upshalls, various Itallian pipes etc. Once it gets here I will take better pics. They are coming from Denmark.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
Yes they are all new, all Stanwells. Top is flawless other 2 are not but have nice grain. I have enough pipes to smoke that it unusual for me to smoke a unsmoked pipe. Between what I make and the estate I have is enough for me.

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
I will enjoy smoking the hell out of that Stanwell flawless when it eventually goes on the market at your estate sale!

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
One of my favorite Stanwells is the Zebrano and Farouk both great smokes!

rx2man

May 25, 2012
@ smokeyweb you might have a long wait. It will probably be the nicest pipe in my collection and I dont plan on letting it go.

rx2man

May 25, 2012
No not cheap but not crazy expensive IMO. $300 for the flawless. $170 for the Canadian and the billiard was $80. This is the first time to spend $300 for a pipe but I felt it was worth it. I have Goodwood to make pipes with but none of it is as nice as what a flawless is supposed to come from. Also out of appx 300,000 pipes made per year they only get about 20 flawless pipes. So seems fair enough for me at $300. If it was a artisan pipe the price could be a lot more.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
I like the classic shape of the Stanwell 32.

Got one about 2 months ago with a near black finish, but only paid some $100 for it.

I'm still learning how to work it, but I'm confident it already improves my looks.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I'm pleased to announce that my past and present Stanwell pipes are perhaps the best smoking and flawless ones then come my Savis, all these newer edition pipes are med price range starting at $ 80 and up to $120

Nonetheless,my most recent pipe acquisitions were Blakemar England from the Litchbruyere serie and the another one was The Ropp little canadian from them vintage serie with fitten horn mouth piece now I'm curious to find out how these will perform, I was startled with high craftmanship of this Blakemar, flawless and the price tag was average

Status
Not open for further replies.