PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
This one caught my eye and I was curious to see what your thoughts were on these? I really like the shape and want one but I want to know what the guys who own these have to say. Not the cheapest and not the most expensive but it caught my eye.
Stanwell%20Calabash%20162%20SA%2041%201.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I don't believe I've heard a bad thing about Stanwell, be they old or new. I love that pipe. I usually prefer smooths, but I think I'd prefer that particular pipe as it is.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I've always have been a Stanwell fan. Seventeen (currently) of mine are the more recent Italian made pipes, five of them accommodate 9mm filters (I leave them out, preferring these for the open draw experience, but that's just me). Though this grouping only represents two shapes, they're consistently well-drilled, attractive and functional, and "break in" to good smoking experiences pretty quickly. For the price, I couldn't be happier with the quality.
:puffy: Give in, pick one up, enjoy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Really nice. I especially like the Calabash shape in a briar pipe, not the gourds so much. I have a Pete Calabash briar, a much more reined in version, but pleasing. If you like that Stanwell, I'd go for it. It's dramatic but traditional. I like my four or five Stan's and find them quality pipes at all price levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.