PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganpiper

Lurker
Dec 26, 2012
Hello all. New to this site. Been piping off and on since 2002 and for some unexplicable reason have recently developed a renewed passion for it. This seems like a good spot to hang out.

Questions: can anyone tell me if the bjarne neilsen Viking line is a reasonably good pipe, by reasonable i mean does the smoke hole enter at the bottom of the bowl on straight or bent pipes and i just purchased an "estate" pipe on ebay, a Stanwell #370. Can't find any info on it, although supposedly it was made late in the last millenium. I'll post a pic of it when i figure out how to post pics. Thanks in advance, judy

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Forgot to say welcome to the site, Judy. Nice to have another lady piper here. The instructions for posting pics are in the fourth sticky above the posts.
PS I was raised vegetarian (but not vegan), but now I do like steak. I do try to eat balanced meals though. Some steak and veggies, then I balance it with some beer and potato chips. Just kidding; welcome to the site :)
Dave

veganpiper

Lurker
Dec 26, 2012
Hey dave, all is not lost as long as your not just a steak/potato kinda guy. Tobacco is also a good thing of course! Thanks for welcoming me. Lots of good experience on this site,hope to add some of my own while sopping up everyone elses.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Judy, I just got me a stanwell as well. I was told they are good pipes. I will see. Maybe we can compare our experience with them!!!! Nice to have you here.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I'm a very new pipe smoker, so any judgement on my part should be taken with that in mind... but the two Viking Classic pipes that I picked up both have properly aligned stem holes - they enter at the very bottom of the bowl, and you can see the groove made by the bit if you shine a light into the bowl itself.
I'm still breaking in the churchwarden, but the bent sitter is fast becoming a favorite. Not that I have anything else to compare it to, of course... :puffpipe:

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
The Bjarne Viking that I own is one of my top 3 smokers. It might even be my favorite except a fill spot keeps me from judging it too highly. The hole is perfect and the bit fits my mouth great. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another but their are so many other pipes I would like to try. Vegans still love BBQ tasting latakia though...

veganpiper

Lurker
Dec 26, 2012
Good to hear the Vikings and the Stanwells seem to be in good steed. I will post a pic when i get the stanwell. I like the design of the new Viking matte #11or 12 (depending on which site you visit). I concur the smokey bbq-ness of the lat. blends draw me right in! Can't wait to get the Stanwell and give'r a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.