PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
just found a zebrano blast for $57 at an online site. would like some imput on their cheaper models. is it made by a different label for stanwell? should it smoke as good as the higher priced models?

would say the retailers name. dont think they are a sponser here and would kev mind or like to know who?

thanks..

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
my stanwells are some of my favorite pipes.

my stanwell zebrano is one of my favorite stanwells.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Zebrano is just a finish style of Stanwell. They are named zebrano because of the zebra wood accent on the shank.
dscf1453-600x239.jpg

One of my best smokers. It and all of my Stanwells are excellent smokers.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
I bought my first stanwell a few weeks ago. It's as mechanically well crafted as any Castello or,

Dunhill I've ever owned. I'll be buying a 2nd of the same pipe for certain.
(i made the mistake early on of buying pipes that I though others would see as cool or wonderful. I ended up with pipes that I overpaid for and under apprecitate. Great pipes but nit the shape I like or volume I prefer. I wish Id started with a stanwell or a Peterson...perspective.)
Your stanwell may not be the sexiest pipe you'll ever see but I can nearly guarantee it'll be a perfect smoker.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
unless the kids hit me up for some money :( will order one first part of week.

love my preben holms,wish i had another like it; ben wade and valeni el cheapo knocker. the knocker though is rather finicky to what tobacco i load it with.

i have an englander that as many times ive smoked with any tobacco i had i just cannot enjoy smoking it.

dont know if englander is the mfg or a model name. bought it in kc about 30 yrs ago.

oh well, you get what you pay for sometimes good and others not so good.

thanks guys

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I agree 90% with jayh, because I see nothing ugly about the stanwells. :lol:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I don't think you can go wrong with any Stanwell. Just don't expect a $60 pipe to be the same as a $300 pipe, but I feel that any Stanwell will give you an acceptable smoke and decent quality.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My Stanwell #64 Colonial smokes as well as my more expensive Boswell and David Jones pipes. I'll definitely be adding another. Forum sponser Cup'O Joes has a nice selection of Stanwells.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Just don't expect a $60 pipe to be the same as a $300 pipe
You had to go and say it, didn't you? Now we're gonna get 87 posts from people sceaming that their $25 Kaywoodie smokes better than my Autographs. :rofl:

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
personally i like the larger slightly bent pipes and inflation being what it is.

the preben holm hand made and ben wade smooth had paid $75 each back in 78. would like to stay in this quality range or maybe just a bit better.

just like my power tools, performance and life time usage make a real difference to me. example of this being drills, will buy a milwaukee and not even consider a $40 skill. a skill with a half inch drill bit will stall down where as my half inch milwaukee will either snap the bit or sprain your wrists if youre not careful and last forever.

in the early 70's a used slightly longer "cant remember the name of the dam of it" type of pipe, you know, the pipe that you would go into battle to protect and keep it. in short, the best dam pipe i ever smoked. (sniffle whimper with tears" dissapered. i was devestated. felt lonely and rejected and vowed to draw blood from who ever took it. ok, so, i liked it, get it now? :roll:

if i only had her i would never look at another. just tobacco.

dont care which brand as long as its cheap for fishing. just incase it falls in the water (really means if i [snicker] fall out of the damn boat) never to be seen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.