Standard Tobacco Enters Into Agreement With STG

(22 posts)
  • Started 4 months ago by papipeguy
  • Latest reply from jpmcwjr
  1. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Standard Tobacco and Scandinavia Tobacco Group's US subsidiary, Meiers & Dutch, have entered into a sales agreement for the trademarks of SToP's John Cotton, Bengal Slices, Murrays and Dobies pipe tobacco blends effective March 14, 2019.
    We are sure that M&D, through Pipes & Cigars, will continue to manufacture and sell the entire SToP line of pipe tobacco blends that have gained many fans over the past years. Fans of these blends can look forward to other new offerings in the future as well.
    We thank the pipe smoking community for their incredible support and hope that you will continue to enjoy the blends we've provided for your smoking pleasure.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 4 months ago #
  2. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great news. Good job guys!!!

Ubi Ignis Est?
    Posted 4 months ago #
  3. verporchting

verporchting

Login to Send PM

Well done! Good to see some positive news on the tobacco front.

Posted 4 months ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bent1

Login to Send PM

Glad to hear the news!

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good news, John.

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the update John. This is big news. John Cotton Smyrna is one of my favorite blends. I was worried I needed more in the cellar, but this makes me reassured it will not be on the chopping block anytime soon.

Neal
    Posted 4 months ago #
  7. 3rdguy

3rdguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds great. Look forward to the new offerings as well.

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

Amazing what can come of a drunken night in a sushi restaurant. Congratulations!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 4 months ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ekert

Login to Send PM

Wouldn't it be funny if we saw Murray's made Dunhill clones.

Posted 4 months ago #
  10. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Letting the guys in Bethlehem take over will be good for Standard. Personally I am looking forward to going to a pipe show and walking into a mens room without everyone turning round and saying 'Hi Simon' and my shoes getting soaked! Actually this development allows for survivability of the blends and their continuation along with the revival of a few new ones. As part of the change we are also diversifying into the vape market with a scientific team to introduce a new and exciting patented vape device that is radically different from currently available vape platforms. The company will be changing its name to The Standard Vape Corporation so wish us luck gentlemen!

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Is this an April Fool's joke? It's very, very plausible, but the announcement being made today... seems a bit sketchy.

Michael
    Posted 4 months ago #
  12. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Actually the announcement was made to the stock market on Friday and is available on yahoo finance. https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/XNWU/news/Xuan-Wu-Acquires-Vaping-Technology?id=223027

Posted 4 months ago #
  13. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

congratulations!! Sorry, had to ask first.

Posted 4 months ago #
  14. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good news, I absolutely love the current Bengal Slices, I stocked up on a bunch recently but it’s good to hear it has a more secure future. Congratulations!

Posted 4 months ago #
  15. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Excellent. I hope satisfaction reigns all around among sellers and buyers. This looks like a happy deal.

Posted 4 months ago #
  16. condorlover1

condorlover1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It might just explain why we protected our trade mark tin art so aggressively!

Posted 4 months ago #
  17. pipeanddrum

pipeanddrum

Login to Send PM

Does this news mean that there's a chance that Revor Plug might become available here in the states?

Posted 4 months ago #
  18. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

^^ That will be the day! For now I’m holding on to the Plugs that I have and enjoying them sparingly. In the meantime, I still can’t tell the difference between McConnell’s Latakia Flake and Revor Plug.

On subject, does this mean the Standard Tobacco brand will be produced in the mega Scandinavian warehouse? If that we’re the case, you all might have an the option of making a whole leaf plug tobacco? Can y’all bring back Velvan Plug? Those Danes were producing it in the end so it shouldn’t be hard to get the recipe from them, bringing back Erinmore Plug would also be nice but I’m really just dreaming out loud here. Basically all ya’d have to do is swap some 3P’s and change the top dressing and voila, you have Velvan, do it again and whamo, you have Erinmore Plug!

Posted 4 months ago #
  19. pipeanddrum

pipeanddrum

Login to Send PM

@hawky454 - A man can dream. I do enjoy my Revor Plug sparingly as well and substitute McConnell's Lat Flake every other time I have the urge to smoke the great plug. I was lucky to find some Velvan Plug on a trip to Ireland last summer and picked up a few pouches. Haven't yet tried it and am in no rush to - for now anyway. Just happy to know it's in the cellar.

Posted 4 months ago #
  20. blendtobac

blendtobac

Tobacco Blender Extraordinaire

Login to Send PM

Keep your eyes open for new additions to some of the SToP product lines in the coming months.

Russ

Posted 4 months ago #
  21. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ok, so they just sold the blends that they currently have been making, but not the whole company. Cool! Can you give us a hint, Russ?

Posted 4 months ago #
  22. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great news! Thanks, gentlemen.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 4 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   boston, lightxmyfire, samw74, paulfg, cjforshi, oldtoby, hauntedmyst, jiminks