PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Spied this on reddit...
What it looked like during filming before they added the camera shake.
e8Aw6h6.gif

I esp love the way Uhura runs across the room arms flailing - so bad it's good. :puffy:

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
They all fall different directions. I guess it was the 60's and they still hadn't mastered anti-gravity.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm 28 and grew up watching old TV shows at my grandparents (Star Trek, Batman, Get Smart, I Love Lucy, Dragnet, etc.) The acting sometimes was so bad that it was good. Different era of TV.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That video is a hoot, though as a visual effects artist, I ought to deplore revealing the tricks of the trade. Star Trek was very advanced for its day and pretty daring in its choice of subject matter when compared with other popular shows of that period. How many shows on TV today deal with interspecies sex?

There are terrific shows on TV today, as good as anything ever done. And there's a lot of boring crap as well. And that was for certain true in the mid '60's when Star Trek was in first run.
Well, back to watching my screeners. Voting's not too far off.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
ST original series inspired many generations, including mine. I literally grew up with ST, remembering watching it as a little guy back in 68, but falling in love with it as a kid in reruns during the 70s. One of the first times in my life where I felt old, was when I saw the original Enterprise model in the Smithsonian.
@Brittney - Recent offerings of Sci-Fi worth watching; Firefly and the 2003-2007 Battlestar Galactica series. I would add Heroes, but the last two years of that series really stunk it up.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
It is amazing what shows up on DVD now. I found a TV show of the Flash from the late 80's that I am watching with my family. A lot of what is in the $5 bin is worthless, but sometimes you find a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.