St. Patrick's Day Peterson Arrived Today.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Ordered Wednesday from Smokingpipes. Delivered Friday. The USPS wasn't twiddling their thumbs this week. So.... I was able to get back to my yearly tradition of buying one of these (with the exception of last year... I dunno... I might hunt one down just to keep the collection Zen)and I'm happy this one. It's my first System, my first Plip, and my first 307... or is it??? I have a few Peterson XL90, three of which are also St Patty's Day pipes, and upon arrival I compared the 307 to the Xl90. It seems the 307 is the system version of the XL90. So it's my first 307 and an addition to my XL90's all at the same time!!! Woot!!!
All in all, I'm happy with the pipe. The stamping could have been a bit deeper, but other than that, no worries. It's a great looking pipe, clenches easily with the Plip (although I rarely clench) and has a nice feel in the hand. The grain is quite nice, and in fact carries some fantastic birdseye grain. Being a birdseye junkie, this is some of the nicest birdies I've seen. It's actually a shame that it's covered in the darker green stain. But I can see it under a good light or sunlight quite well.
w6WJDR7.jpg

Nice birdseye on this flank...
rkJSjU1.jpg

I mean... do you need a closer view???
KerBLAM!!! Birdies!!!
ekoTkIp.jpg

I'm lovin it! I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be able to wait for St. Patrick's Day before firing this one up :mrgreen:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Looks fantastic Anthony! Love that birdseye grain! I don't even have to say it, but enjoy the heck out of it! :puffy:
Mine got in today as well, also a 307. The stain on mine seemed lighter in color than the others and I liked that about it. Whether or not it really is, I don't know, but I don't think it'll matter. I can't wait to smoke this puppy and it'll likely be this weekend. It feels really good in the hand and looks spectacular! Soooooo I'm just going to tuck mine in riiiiight here:
20190208_205139-600x291.jpg

20190208_205122-600x291.jpg

And you want to talk about that birdseye? Here's mine!
20190208_205139-600x291.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Wow! I think yours is indeed lighter in color! I love it though.
I don't even have to say it, but enjoy the heck out of it!
I just love saying it! And to you as well, enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For Patty's Day maybe get a little brew of Irish Coffee to pair with your pipe, with some Irish appropriate leaf -- Irish Flake or Erin Go Braugh, etc.

coxman

Lurker
Sep 15, 2018
I was hoping to grab a 305 plip but they were sold out. Will other sites have them for sale?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Those are both fantastic looking pipes! Love the grain on the first one and that lighter color is just eye-popping. :worship:

Jan 8, 2013
I was hoping to grab a 305 plip but they were sold out. Will other sites have them for sale?
Other sites will certainly have them. I believe some others already do. If you can't find your 305, give it a few days. This was just the first run. They'll be putting up more. They always do.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Too bad Peterson no long make a St. Patrick’s Day blend.
They skipped 2017 then made a 2018. Once again another missed year. 2015 was a personal favorite followed by 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.