PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Same thing happened to me. I can't spend my life constantly watching for notifications.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Man that was fast. I posted this within 3 minutes of getting the email and didn't order any myself.
Mike, you need to get on their email list. Threads like this I guess are a waste of time because it gets sold out so quickly.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Mike, if you sign up for the email and you are on your computer when it hits, you will get some. It does come around fairly often. If you go to their bulk section ( 250 gram boxes are listed in their tinned section) and sign up then when it hits you can buy it in ounces. The 250 gram boxes are sold complete and they do not break them up.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
LMAO Mike Phillips. Sounds like you and I are walking the same path in life. The instant you show your hand everyone wants it and makes a mission out of acquiring it :)

Dec 24, 2012
$30 for 250g
I got some from 4noggins earlier in the week. I now have reached my cellar goal in SJF (10 pounds) so you guys won't be competing with me for SJF (or any Gawith blends) any longer.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
SP is good about putting a limit on quantity so that those storing don’t wipe it out and really just hurting the company. Does that actually make you a hoarder? Regular people (lol) who aren’t rabid about getting a blend but every time they look at your website it’s gone. I know SP put a 2 tin limit on FVF per order and it lasted a good long time, thought that was a good move. How better to get your website visited but to limit the amount per person, not per order because people would just place a bunch of $95 orders. If you had multiple people ordering for you, then you need to seek professional help. Things are going to get nuts towards the end of the year. Those with deep pockets will be devastating blends, like that’s not happening now.

Time to start experimenting with making your own flake, not really a hard process if you get a good one; as long as you don’t sell it you can trade it or gray market sell without tax.

On a side note, can you imagine the shelves at all the stores by the end of December? I HOPE none of the stores take advantage of an obvious prime time to up the prices and make some cash. If one did I’d hope they would be called out aggressively, boycotted and driven out of business.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I was totally fortunate this time around and managed to snag some from SPC and 4Noggins. For me, it's usually a case of not having that much spare cash when they arrive, let alone being able to act quickly enough when the email hits the inbox.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I recommend you talk to your local B&M and have them get for you from Phillips&King. They had some in stock an hour ago PST.

Dec 24, 2012
Good going mrenglish.
Dragon - i agree with you. Toward the end of the year people may be getting so desperate that even Middleton Cherry is selling out everywhere. Personally, I have been buying a shit load in the last couple months - I want to make sure I have a chair when the music stops. It certainly ain't going to get easier as the year progresses, unless the planned federal tobacco tax increases and the internet commerce bills both get derailed.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I finished stocking up on this blend in the beginning of the week when they listed it. No one will have to worry about me anymore for this blend. I am sure there are plenty of small mom and pops who have it if people want to do the leg work.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I'm not going to spend my time chasing tobacco, I've done that before and it eventually ends in frustration. If I find some, I'll be glad to try it on for size, if not..well, I have other tobaccos I like OK. About the only thing I'm spending any time trying to track down right now...in fact, I'm not even going to tell you guys what I'm looking for, one of you is liable to go on the hunt for the same thing, if you aren't already.
You wouldn't happen to be looking for Black Irish Twist would ya, Mike??? :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.