PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmaxphil

Lurker
Mar 7, 2019
England
Hi, hope you folks can help, on the UK Ebay I found a listing for a st bruno pipe anybody any idea who made these and are they any good? Thanks in advance

Phil

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If it is a house pipe to the tobacco brand, I'd tend to think it was a pretty good pipe, especially if the price is modest (lowering the risk of a clunker). Most house pipes of tobacco companies and tobacconists are originally sold for a price below their quality level, since the companies are trying to make you a regular customer by selling you a good smoking pipe. A clunker would just encourage you to abandon pipe smoking and they'd never hear from you again, hence no more business from you. So I'd guess it's a good (or better) pipe. I have a Thompson Cigar house pipe stamped "West Germany," a freehand that is really nice after all these years.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I have lots of ideas who could have made it, Oppenheimer, Cardogan, Charatan, or any British factory turning out house pipes. Imperial contracted with different makers. What's needed are photos of the pipe and its stampings and you might get an answer.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.
There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos in the "Latest Discussions" box,

LINK to that thread

vmaxphil

Lurker
Mar 7, 2019
England
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123722261945

Hoe this works sorry for not getting back been away I haven't bought it as not sure if I like it enough

Phil

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I like this ... If shipping wouldn't have cost more than the pipe, I might have pulled the trigger on this one :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.