Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:  No tags yet. 

St bruno pipe

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

vmaxphil

Login to Send PM

Hi, hope you folks can help, on the UK Ebay I found a listing for a st bruno pipe anybody any idea who made these and are they any good? Thanks in advance
    Phil

Posted 1 week ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If it is a house pipe to the tobacco brand, I'd tend to think it was a pretty good pipe, especially if the price is modest (lowering the risk of a clunker). Most house pipes of tobacco companies and tobacconists are originally sold for a price below their quality level, since the companies are trying to make you a regular customer by selling you a good smoking pipe. A clunker would just encourage you to abandon pipe smoking and they'd never hear from you again, hence no more business from you. So I'd guess it's a good (or better) pipe. I have a Thompson Cigar house pipe stamped "West Germany," a freehand that is really nice after all these years.

Posted 1 week ago #
  3. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

I have lots of ideas who could have made it, Oppenheimer, Cardogan, Charatan, or any British factory turning out house pipes. Imperial contracted with different makers. What's needed are photos of the pipe and its stampings and you might get an answer.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 1 week ago #
  4. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.

The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.

There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos in the "Latest Discussions" box,
    LINK to that thread

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 1 week ago #
  5. madox07

madox07

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Can you give us a link to the auction?

Sea Wolf Pipers

"Like the mariners of old, a loner is acceptable but a pipe is best enjoyed in a pack"
    Posted 1 week ago #
  6. crashthegrey

crashthegrey

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

More details are definitely needed.

Posted 6 days ago #
  7. rfernand

r

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It’s an Ogden’s.

Dunhill will return.
    Posted 6 days ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

vmaxphil

Login to Send PM

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123722261945
    Hoe this works sorry for not getting back been away I haven't bought it as not sure if I like it enough
    Phil

Posted 5 days ago #
  9. madox07

madox07

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like this ... If shipping wouldn't have cost more than the pipe, I might have pulled the trigger on this one

Posted 3 days ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   autumnfog, daniel7, adforbes