PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
For a cheap convenience store blend you can still buy at Tesco's, this is one of the best all-rounder full-bodied every-day smoke I have ever had so far. These flakes comprise of virginia/burley tobaccos, and the room-note is something to die for. In the description above it says this is an aromatic tobacco, but it is not. The Lakeland casing does not smoke, nor feels, like aromatics at all. For one thing it does not bite, and the Lakeland essence is only there to compliment this blend, not to exonerate it. I don't see much of a Danish potpourri here. Secondly, as the Lakeland casing starts to wane, you will be greeted with some baccy that is good enough to be had on its own. I am finding this smoke very fulfilling and pleasing to pass through your nose. It reminds me a little bit to GH Best Brown 2, but this one is probably more sort of an everyday any time blend. It gets stronger and sweeter the more you smoke and, if smoked properly, a couple of flakes will keep you busy for a few hours. The moist content is about right, so I don't recommend drying these flakes for too long. In the strength department I'd say it is medium, but its flavour is more akin to that of stronger blends. In my personal opinion, and this is one of the reasons why I like this tobacco so much, the burley is this play's main character giving this blend its own signature and character. I can detect earthy undertones from the virginia, but the floral essence is more in the foreground. This blend is going to get a four star rating.
st%20bruno%20flake_zpssulyhbsf.jpg

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Us Canadians can get it, Gauntleys and GQ Tobaccos have worked for me, and I can add a thumbs up for St Bruno.

They also have 25 gram pouches which might be better for sampling or might leave you wanting more. . . .

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
In Spain, the ready rubbed option, is like $4: shame they don't sell it in flake format.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
If I could smoke only one tobacco, St. Bruno would be it. I am forever in debt to condorlover for introducing me to it. I have a 5 pouch box on the way. That was a well worded review, going to try Best Brown #2, thanks.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Absolutely love St. Bruno. It's a drugstore blend that is much more flavorful than most of the blends sold in the US. It's not for people who like a bland smoke. It will put hair on your chest and other bits. Not sold in the US.
I have some in the jar and some more coming in so that I can enjoy it from time to time.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
Mind you guys, I Spain you can only buy the ready rubbed option: they don't sell St. Bruno Flake.

May 31, 2012
Great review.
I absolutely fell in love with St. Bruno,

it was the first classic British flake I smoked, gifted to me by Jim in North Yorkshire,

and it was an amazing revelation.
I'm so glad it is still in production!
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.