PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Well just tried my first bowl of St. Bruno.

Smells good and tastes floral but decent.

Then my tongue went into full revolt. I had to stop at half a bowl.

The burn was too much. Maybe Ill try again in a few days..

P

pipebuddy

I hear ya!

It's probably way too moist; so you ended up puffing like a maniac to light it up and keep it going.

It usually takes a good couple of weeks once opened before the moisture content becomes better to handle.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I am so lucky that it doesn't burn my tongue! What a cruel world that would be...
Sorry to hear that man, it's a delicious smoke, one of my all time favorites. It really sucks when ya like a blend but the blend doesn't like you.
I like drying most of my tobaccos out before I smoke them but this one I smoke right out of the pouch/tin with no problems.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
St Bruno has never caused me tongue burn, but I let it dry quite a bit before firing it up, whether it's the ready rubbed version or the flake version and if smoking the flake, I usually break up the flakes before packing.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Thanks, I will try drying it a bit more before my next attempt.

I was probably rushing it a bit, but sometimes Virginia tobaccos tend to bite me for some reason.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
St Bruno has no red virginia in it so I can smoke it with ease. If you are getting burned then dry it more and smoke it slower. I cube cut St Bruno most of the time as I am smoking it inside, I only fold and stuff it when I smoke outside.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Harris I wondered if it had any reds in it. Good to hear it doesn't.

I was smoking it in a smaller pipe today. I think I will try with something around a Dunhill group 4 size to see if that makes any difference also.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Not ever for me, hundreds of bowls. Let it dry a bit. Fabulous, reliable smoke nearly every time

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I'm pretty new with ST Brunos and it has becoming one of my favorite all around' tobacco similarly to Amphora Brown,though I'm more of a Burley man.But Yes, should I smoke ST Bruno with no paying attention to my cadence,It'll bite,and even more if don't let it to air''some 15-20 min prior to smoke.Most all Mc Barens producted Ready Rubbed tobaccoes tend to come on the wetter side,which is OK with me because that qurantees I'm having fresh tobacco even when sold in pouches.

Status
Not open for further replies.