Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I should know better by now
2368f8df.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Very nice dervis! Been a Ruger man since my dad first let let me shoot his mkII when I was 7 yrs old.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Ive got a big you know what for Ruger's 1911 but it will be a while before one comes around. Someday though.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Here's a pic of my latest. Not a Ruger but it is a good solid American made piece. Charter Arms of Shelton CT .22LR just for fun. Sometime I'll pick up a .38/.357 version for carry if I ever decide to go that route. Use the .22 for economical practice and fun.
016-1.jpg

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
357 is my caliber of choice I actually have that in the charter model posted. It's my bed side arm (besides 12guage) , but the Ruger people where in town today. Shot 100 rounds for free through the gun before I purchased, I didn't even want to set it down to drive home. Wonderful weapon.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I love Rugers. I have a .357 mag New Model BlackHawk convertible, a .45 Colt New Vaquero and an SR556. I've been lusting after their new SR1911!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I suppose it depends on what you're used to... Never been a glock fan... good weapons though.

This was my sidearm for 10 years while I carried it for the county.

I still carry it... sweet shooter.

Mine has aftermarket Hoags, mighty comfy.
Ruger P-90 DC .45 cal.
p90R-1.jpg

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Oh ive been busy, these are my acquisitions from the last two months, probably the biggest reason I havent been on as much, been out having fun with them.
1929 Hex receiver Mosin Nagant

51dc2daf.jpg

DPMS Lite 16 AR 15

cce509bc.jpg

And a Yugo m70 Underfolder (these arent mine in the pictures, this is actually an ak74, mine is a 47 for those who know the difference)

32fa8c29.jpg

I got these three guns for such good prices I couldnt pass them up, all were used, but lightly, and all where under 1000 dollars all together

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
With all the craziness going on in the world these days, I am thinking of getting my CCW. Trying to decide on what pistol to purchase though. Something compact for sure. Any suggestions? I would like to keep the price at five hundred or so.

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
@mrenglish - If you're going to get your ccw, if you have a shop with a range and rental guns, it will be worth it to go try some different guns to get a feel for all of the options out there. If you don't have that option, and you are comfortable with a semi-auto, then I would suggest looking into the Ruger SR9c or SR40c or the Smith and Wesson M&P Shield in either 9 or 40. You have higher capacities with the Rugers, but the Shields are single stack magazines and a bit slimmer overall. Another option, if you want something a little more hard hitting, try out the Springfield XDS. It is one of the slimmest, best made compact 45s on the market today, but will set you back around $600. Now, if you aren't as familiar with semi-autos, and want good, no muss no fuss reliability, check out any number of the Charter Arms revolvers, or any of the Smith and Wesson J-frame revolvers in 38 or 357. You can't go wrong with either company.
@baron - The SR series don't come in 45, and as far as I know, there are no plans for them to make one. It is such a light, compact gun, shooting 45 through it wouldn't be comfortable IMHO. If you're wanting a good compact polymer 45, then the Springfield XDS is the way to go. It's brand new, but a lot of them have hit the market recently. I work in sales for a gun distributor and Springfield really did it right.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
@spartan: ruger is still American, but did you know that Browning and Winchester are now Belgian owned ?
See, we Belgians know what makes the world go round... Beer and guns.... We now own the big ones (including Anheuser Busch and Corona in the beer world)...as I said before:
Belgium, taking over the world one beer and one gun at a time :rofl:

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
@dervis Nice buy. Blow up some rounds.
@mrenglish I would recommend the Springfield EMP or the XDS.

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
The EMP is an excellent choice, but will set you back almost twice the XDS and almost three times the SR9s. However, I'm all about getting the best possible gun for the money, and if you can afford it, the EMP in either 9 or 40 is a fantastic weapon.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Sweet ruger man! I picked up the Ruger SR9 about 2 years ago in the OD green and black combo. They are sweet guns, nice choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.