PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
In my cellar, from a couple of years back. Tried it twice and couldn't stand the taste of latakia. :D

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I can get it here at the local tobacconist but I pay $23.00 for a 50gm tin. I can send you a sample if you'd like.

srharel

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
Great stuff IMHO. Does sell in many places in Europe, though I must say I havent encountered Samuel Gawith in many stores in Germany.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
srharel: The only German web store I have in my list has plenty of SG: http://cigarworld.de/shop/detail.php4?artnr=90004137

I don't know about B&Ms though, I don't live in Germany x)

srharel

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
Thanks nemrod :) I actually rarely order tobacco from Germany, I do like SG tobaccos and they're wide available in Israel, but the once I did, it was from a guy in Recklinghausen (which is different than the web one). I travel often to Germany for work, this is where I enjoy stocking on my Dunhills :)

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Call :
Pipes Ltd.
1960 US Hwy 70 SE
Suite 2-118
Hickory, NC 28602
828-328-8002
They have it in bulk at 4.95 per ounce...I just called them to make sure they had it for you.

w1nd0wl1cker

Might Stick Around
Apr 4, 2011
I love the stuff myself. I wish I could find more of it around here! I am down to my last tin and the stuff goes fast when they get it in up here.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Seems strange to me that SG don't supply a greater share of their production to the US market. From what i can see the US market is a larger one for pipe smoking than the UK one (ignoring the sheer size of the US compared to the UK) but Squadron leader is very easy to get hold of here.
Why not supply just a bit less to the UK and more to the US. I mean it is sitting on counters here so it's not like it's selling as soon as it's in stock.....
I actually got my first tin of it yesterday to try from an online place. Can't wait to crack open the tin at the weekend :)

rls80

Lurker
Jan 2, 2011
It's not bad, but I found it alot better after a significant amount of drying. However I now enjoy Old Dublin more. Oh and if you guys are frustrated trying to get Squadron Leader over there, try getting GL Pease tobaccos here in the UK, I haven't found one retailer yet. Now that IS frustrating after reading all the good reviews!

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
rls80: I know, right? I've looked at plenty of e-stores all over Europe but no one has any GL Pease blends. Kevin suggested I contact http://cornellanddiehl.com/ in another thread, so I'm planning on doing that later this week when I have time :)

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
I've found a shop in ontario ca. With SG on the shelf, squadron leader is in cluded.will post contact info later.

Status
Not open for further replies.