PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
That looks good. I am too new and ignorant as to anything beyond Captain Black for last 20 years, but is this a new trend ala Seattle Pipe Club or to have a kitchen sink blend of Latakia Orientals Perique Virginia ?

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
It is a limited run of 2000 tins, so don't wait too long to jump.
They are saying this is how it used to be made, Jack, so maybe Joe Lankford smoked some of this back in the day when developing his palatte for blending what was to become SPC blends?
Who knows?

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
"Methinks this will sell out by the end of the day."
Not if the SPC site crashes all day long like yesterday! At checkout, all my cart was lost after I signed in but no problems once I was signed in.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Just got off the phone with SP. Less than 150 tins left. Holy swarming piranhas! After I revised my order, there are now less than 135. :puffy:

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Just what I needed, a reason to buy more baccy for the cellar. This just gave me the excuse to pick up the four different blends of the C&D Scuderia series. So I only got 7 tins of the SL and 1 tin each of the Scuderia series. Well now over 102 pounds.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I originally ordered just a couple of tins. The idea was to try it and order more if I liked it.
When I heard that they were going fast, I called back and asked if I should order now or wait. She said that she expected SL to sell out over the weekend at the latest. She then looked up the number of remaining units while I was on the phone and informed me that there were less than 150 tins. Did she miss a decimal point?
It isn't really big on the scale of things and I ordered based on that information.
Edit: Just noticed this was my 1K post. I'm celebrating by ordering my commissioning my first artisan pipe with Eric Paulson.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Did she miss a decimal point?
It isn't really big on the scale of things and I ordered based on that information.
Which is why we wanted to jump in and clarify as quickly as possible, apologies for the miscommunication. There is a 15 tin limit, but if you ordered too many or not enough we're happy to amend your order.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
No, I'm fine. And your customer service rep was just trying to be helpful, so I hope no one dings her for this. I appreciate here intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.