PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I love this time of year. I've already started planting tomatoes and the fish are biting. Bass last weekend and trout yesterday. Anyone else getting out fishing?

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
weathers been too unpredictable in Illinois unfortunately. Nice String.

Dec 28, 2015
Only been once so far (a few weeks ago). Didn’t catch anything. But you have inspired me. And I did at least get some tomatoes planted.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I got the bass on a Z Man Ned rig. I learned abou it from coworkers and Bass Pro a few years ago. It's a super effective easy to fish soft plastic, jig lure. Even my 5 year old catches fish with it. Look it up and get some!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Yes! Love the fish shots @buster!
I’m fortunate to be able to fish year round in Georgia, but the spring spawn has been particularly good this year. This is my setup yesterday getting ready to fish the Chattahoochee. I smoke cigars on the river because pipes are too much of a distraction. But no fish pics, didn’t want to pull out the phone.
iCXSuX7.jpg

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Trout fisherman here. But the creeks here in NYS where I live have been too high and muddy for me to tackle.
Nice catch!

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Not yet, but just in the last few days the ice pulled back from the lake edges, and enough leads to put my raft in! Here's hoping I get out this weekend!

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Nice catch. There has been far to much rain here in PA so i have not been out yet. but the weather looks good for Friday !

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Good catch ... and lucky you for having a spring. Over here it sort of snowed in March and it was 30 degrees centigrade for Easter.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I just tried my hand at surf fishing. Got skunked but enjoyed it. I have a couple friends who are showing me the ropes. A striped bass in the surf is on my bucket list. So I ordered a rod and picked up a reel locally. Spent just under $300 for the set up and it's pretty bad ass! Been windy lately so waiting for better conditions to go try again. I'm pretty maxed out on fly fishing and conventional gear for bass but this surf thing is intriguing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.