PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Someone at work admitted today that she once got a speeding ticket for doing 90 mph, in a parking lot.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Wow, That's a helluva ticket. I wonder what speed limit is for a parking lot? It for sure can't be anywhere near 90!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
That's funny. I've done 90 in a parking lot. But my worst ticket was 80 in a 40. The State Patrol guy was giddy as he wrote me up...and he flirted with my gf.
I have never forgiven the the WSP for that encounter. lol

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I've had a 101 in a 55 and a 130 in a 55. But they were on highways.
Of course I've been 225 mph on a 1/4 mile drag strip too.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Heck of a parking lot... Or heck of a car...
Fastest I've ever been was a pinch over 151 at Chicago Motor Speedway. Fastest on a public road was 132 on my SV650; I miss her... :)

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Yeah, parking lots are usually private property, and unless the police dept. has written authorization to make misdemeanor arrests there, they don't. They can write you for reckless driving though. Besides, who would be setting up radar in a parking lot? No other way to know they were doing 90 mph without it. Also, going 90 mph, you would be across most parking lots in about two and a half seconds? Maybe they were just blowing smoke rings.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In a parking lot. Hmmm. I'm a pretty tepid driver. The only time I hit ninety was driving my friend's folks'

(I swear it) American Motors Rambler to Daytona Beach, not at the track, just on the road there. That

was one hot Nash. It was just a stock straight six. Luckily the tires were good.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
My highest ticket was doing 100 in a 70, then drove on the shoulder to pass the other cars who were under the speed limit. That Texas DPS officer was way pissed cuz he was chasing me from a few mile markers back. He wanted to arrest me, we got into an argument about "safe driving and luckily being military at the time helped keep me out of the clink I did get a hefty ticket. I have driven much faster, open roads in Texas I got my car up to 120ish. I
f it is a big parking lot you could do 90. I bet she was doing loops around it and the cops saw her and decided "she does another pass, we break out the radar."

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
The last speeding ticket I got cost me the equivalent of an entire day's pay. I vowed never to never do that again. (Or at least not get caught doing it)

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I was in first gear when I got my last ticket. Everyone was crawling along to merge where two highways were interesecting. I saw a break and got into the desired lane and the cop immediately waved me onto the shoulder for crossing on a solid line instead of dotted line. Of course I saw him. That was why I waited for a break. He was pulling everyone over that violation.
For the next several years, until my job moved, I would NOT merge until I had a dotted line, in spite of the additional chaos this caused to other drivers.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Someone at work admitted today that she once got a speeding ticket for doing 90 mph, in a parking lot.
If I had a car that could to do 90 MPH in a parking lot, I'd want the ticket, just for bragging rights!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Never got caught while doing it ... but I hit 135 mph in a 1988 RX-7 Anniversary Turbo Edition.
Also got up to 140 mph on a Suzuki Katana GSX1100.
These days I drive a truck ... at or below the speed limit! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.