PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Along with my recent pipe and tobacco purchase I picked up a single Spectre cigar by AJ Fernandez.
All I can say is ... WOW! The Latakia is superbly blended into this stick.

At first light it's all the smokey goodness that Latakia offers.

Quickly, however, it blends itself into the rest of the flavors.

There is a strong cocoa, plum, leather, vanilla, honey, mesquite flavor and tons of creamy smooth smoke.

Flavors literally dance about from one puff to the next.

Starting at about 2/3's in the flavors settle down and a nice steady cocoa, hazlenut flavor still backed and

accentuated by the smokey Latakia prevails.
The burn was straight with very little touch ups needed.

I will be ordering a 5-pack next to see what a little more rest time does for these.
Highly recommended to those who enjoy both English blends and an occasional cigar.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I am glad to see such a positive review. I will definitely be picking one up!

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Nice, I grabbed a 5 pack to try em out but havent smoked any yet. I look forward to trying it! Thanks.

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
Great review - I have one in my cart at P&C, just waiting for pay-day before I submit my order.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
When I was in Albany, we had a roller in the shop who made up a bunch of cigars with a Connecticut-shade wrapper and Dominican filler plus some Latakia. They were tasty, but very Lat-dominant. This blend mates Latakia with some very rich, but not too spicy cigar leaf, and makes for an outstanding smoke if you like Latakia, but want more than just the smoky flavor. AJ Fernandez, in my opinion, hit a home run with this one.
Russ

dd50

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2013
Glad to hear people are enjoying these. I am a huge AJ Fernandez fan, Man O' War Ruination and 5 Vegas Triple A are my 2 favorite smokes. While I am not a Latakia fan, I am glad that some pipe smokers will be curious enough to try one of his blends. I met AJ at cigar fest last year and he couldn't have been nicer, so I hope this is another success.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
You guys won't be disappointed ...
I only ordered one, for a trial, and wish I had just grabbed the 5 pack. :roll:
@dd50: I've got some 5 AAA's, and MOW's as well. I also like the Ave Maria's and Diesel's. I would say my favorite right now though is the San Lotano Oval and Maduro's. Cool that you got to meet AJ in person!

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Is the unlit presence of the Latakia strong enough that it would infuse into other cigars if stored in a humidor with them?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I would say that it might impart some smokiness to the cigars around it.

Mine was only in for about 24 hours and was only one stick in with 40 others.

Right out of the cello it's super strong but calms down quickly once unwrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.