PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This pipe is so magnificent, so rare, so priceless, that its maker cannot even be named for fear of a black ops team kidnapping him in the middle of the night to become some billionaire's personal pipe maker, where he'd live out his life a de facto prisoner in an underground fortress.
In fact, I'm doubtless taking a risk by showing these images to the public at all. Realizing that things like the Sistine Chapel and Bernini's sculptures---creations previously thought to be the high water mark of Western artistic achievement---are, in fact, the merest garbage in comparison, could bring about the fall of civilization on Planet Earth.
But I'm nothing if not a risk taker. :puffy:
Ready? (Maestro, cue the Strauss Opus 30... ready, set, play... )
Bamboo_Masterpiece_1.jpg

Bamboo_Masterpiece_2.jpg

Bamboo_Masterpiece_3.jpg

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Dare I ask the price for this irreplaceable artifact? Can it be denominated in anything as crass as mere money?
Isn't that shape the rarely-seen, highly-sought-after Tammy Faye Bakker?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I sent a communication to one of the Eminent Artist's agent's representative's secretary's assistants, and was informed that the EA himself will address the public later today via video in this very thread (humbly unworthy as it is). Apparently the creator of the objet d'magnifique commissioned an artiste d'cinema to record the actual act of creation of The Spectacular Bamboo Masterpiece.
This should be life changing for many, and possibly fatal for a few---those whose hearts will simply stop upon seeing something so impossibly moving---but that is the unavoidable cost to society of such revelatory moments, yes?
So, stay tuned. I've not yet been informed of the technical specifics regarding the viewing of the Eminent Artist's video, but will do so as soon as the information becomes available.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
That Perspex stem is....well, GBD eat your heart out and I’ve never seen another carver use indoor/outdoor silicone caulking in quite that way, I’m at a loss for words!

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
It's the artistry of the chamber that makes me weak at the knees. Such darkness. Such depth.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
How interesting. The apparent sloppiness of the hot glue is a commentary on consumerism, and the faux rim-burning highlights how appearance means more than substance in today's society. But by far my favorite feature is the artists use of a transparent stem, as much to say that they read through such greater societal issues.
A stunning piece.
giphy.gif

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
So this was my husband Heath's entry into the GKCPC Carvers Contest this year. As you can see the pipe did it's job and the judges got one hell of a laugh out of it. And something you can't see in the pictures is that the fidget spinner lights up...totally makes the pipe. Bobby Fabian bought this little beauty. I made him promise to clean them stem before he smoked it, lol.
We made "The Making of a Masterpiece" videos as he made the pipe and I posted them on my Facebook page. I can't figure out how to post them here....if someone can they are more than welcome.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Would this style of pipe be good for aged Va or straight burleys?
Surely this is primed to be the first truly successful smoking cessation aid.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
We made "The Making of a Masterpiece" videos as he made the pipe and I posted them on my Facebook page. I can't figure out how to post them here....if someone can they are more than welcome.
Undoubtedly worth it. The primary shaping tool Heath used was a chainsaw. :rofl:

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
If you pack the bowl with stonehaven you could probably get $150.00 on ebay for it.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
There is only one blend worthy to be smoked in this magnificent piece of artistry! It would be a blend made by Hisoterical called (cue the orchestra!) "PISSANTZ"!!!!!! A rare and delectable blend with the delightful aroma of Unicorn farts and the subtle taste of aged mermaid feces...

Status
Not open for further replies.