9fTPNCw.jpg

sO1kG0w.jpg

LUHUaL5.jpg

MguSPuQ.jpg

Rpfdn8O.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The rustication has a nice look to it. Almost stone like. Bet they feel great in hand! Is that a red stem on the first one?

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
They look like something ol' Fred Flintstone would have been smoking on back when the dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Transforming a piece of briar into lava rock is no easy feat.
Excellent work, congratulations!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Great job, clickklick! What I like most about those is that they are innovative. That's certainly a unique style and finish. I am sure big Dave will enjoy every puff!

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I am overwhelmed by this very generous gift. I don't deserve to be gifted one much less two of these magnificent pieces but I am grateful to Adam and his Dad Pat, who crafted the beautiful leather pipe sleeves! We broke them in together with bowls of vintage 759 that had been gifted to our club by our late friend and club supporter Tony Soderman (RIP). They both tasted great and performed perfectly right down to the bottom leaving only ash. It was a fun afternoon!
Almost stone like. Bet they feel great in hand!

They are a take on the great "rock" style Epoca's that I collect and love and the do feel great in my hand! The carving is as strong and weathered as my Castello Epoca's.
Clickklick also nailed my two favorite shapes, the 30 oval shank bent apple with just the right bend and sharp crease in the oval shank and he got the best of the best of the wide ranging 15 billiard with a big, bold and a taller bowl that I love. The stem work on both are outstanding with the slight inward taper makes them a little narrower and more comfortable Castello's of this size.
Again I am humbled and appreciative for these fine Carmette Pipes! Thank You! 8O

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great looking texture that gives your palm and knuckles a good massage while you think deep thoughts and savor the blend.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I have a Brebbia RokRoot with carved rustication that looks very similar to that of the first pipe.

Gnarly but nice in hand and lots of character. Nice stem work!

Status
Not open for further replies.