SPC's Mississippi River - is it good for aging?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2015
hi guys (and gals?),
Complete beginner here! Is the Mississippi River a good blend for aging? I really like it and was wondering if it'd be good if aged for a few years to about a decade? I could buy some tins to age but not sure as I've heard virginias age beautifully but englishes with latakias don't tend to age well?
Thanks!

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Ya there's quite a bit of VAS in Mississippi River, it should age well. But it also smokes decent now, and no need to wait 10 years.
Also, if you haven't tried it Plum Pudding is a great offering from SPC.

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
I also have a tin aging and would like to get other opinions as well. I did hear that Latakia just mellows out some with aging but being a newb myself, don't know how true that is.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I had jarred a pound from the beginning to 2014 I just cracked and it was very tasty. Better than when I first bought it, MR is my favorite go to blend. Enjoy!

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Yep! I tried a 4 year old tin and it aged quite well.
Disclaimer: I don't intentionally age tobacco.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
Yes that ages well. Virginia tobacco ages beautifully. I have to disagree I have aged English blends, and they age pretty well also.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe if you like a stiff Lat kick, aging isn't the way to go, but if you appreciate a blend with aged Virginia and don't mind a more subdued Lat, as a condiment, aging would work well. A subtle Lat or Per note is fine with me. I like a stronger dose of either now and then, but that's not my touch stone for flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.