PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
I have been thinking about this blend for a long time, i mean will it ever return or is is forever gone? I honestly missed to buy it when i had the chance. But i have always wanted to try it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
May be gone for good.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/where-is-pikes-place#post-998187

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
Yes it seems it's forever gone when reading what Russ say about it.

Thx for the link Chasing Embers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Unfortunately, branding itself has become a huge business. There's money in them thar names. That's why corporations will pay millions to put their names on sports stadiums.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Don't know if this will be giving away company secrets but several months ago I found that Tinderbox of Tacoma sells Pike Place in bulk. They call it Pike PLace and as of yesterday was in stock. I don't know if this is the original or not but they list it as SPC Pike PLace. It's quite pricey at $10.20 an ounce. I have several ounces I bought some time ago but never had the tinned version. Some members might like to compare the Tinderbox offering with the previous selection. You can Google Tinderbox,Tacoma to find the store. Hope this helps !! Hoppes

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hate to be slow on this point, but why couldn't the blend simply be renamed by SPC and re-introduced? They might not be able to reference the previous name, but they could say it was a name change, and fans would soon figure it out. I'm sure there is some trademark law I'm entirely missing here, but it seems odd. Can't use the name, change the name. If my name is illegal, call me Ralph.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I have a couple of ounces of SPC "Pike-Place" I bought before it went off market. I asked the owner of the Tacoma Tinderbox store about the bulk version he sells and the other bulk SPC tobaccos.

He said that SPC pike place tinned tobacco could not be made anymore because the owners of

"The Pike Place Market" in Seattle threatened sue over the tinned tobacco name.

And that all the bulk Seattle Pipe Club tobacco he sells is the same as you find in the tinned tobaccos for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.