PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
And the Irish Oak, but you have to mix it with some dark Burley to cut down the sweetness. Wild Atlantic is a tasty little English, too, just devoid of nicotine so if you're above 4'3" you will probably need to add dark Burley to that one too.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I have yet to try any Pete blends.....both the University Flake and the Hyde Park seemed to interest me. Any thoughts?

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I have yet to try any Pete blends.....both the University Flake and the Hyde Park seemed to interest me. Any thoughts?
In another thread, about Peter Stokkebye bulk, you said you like Proper English. If you like that, then you'll like Peterson Old Dublin and Balkan Delight. Both are full flavored English mixes. Old Dublin is Latakia, Virginia, Orientals and Cavendish. It tastes a lot like Dunhill 965, if you've tried that. Balkan Delight is Latakia, Virginia and Perique. Very good, smooth, yet spicy English mixture.
I've never had Hyde Park. I've heard it's an aromatic you either love or hate. University Flake is a Va/Ber with a plum topping, very good. I think their real star is Irish Flake. Irish Flake is a strong, full flavored, Burley/Kentucky/Virginia. Full, strong, tasty and will keep you coming back.
Good luck man.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
@lestrout
It's a shame the pouches are not on sale, but thanks for the clarification.
Looks like it's Irish Flake, Perfect Plug and Irish Oak then.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Yoda - thanks for the tips. Looks like I'll be ordering more than I anticipated!
No problem. Like I said, if you like PSPE, you'll like the Old Dublin and Balkan Delight for sure. The others are good ones to try, that you will probably like, because they are top notch.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
Luxury Blend and Old Dublin are both quite good, although it's been a couple of years since I've smoked the latter.
I'm also a fan of their various limited editions: the annual special reserve, summer blend, and holiday blend. They're quite skilled at blending aromatics. Those are in 100 gram tins and are not on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.