Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

SPC Blends Blended by Russ O?

(6 posts)
  1. mikefu

mikefu

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am in a discussion with some fellas regarding SPC Plum Pudding. One fella swears up and down that all SPC blends were created by Russ, and not Joe Lankford. He said “Yes, the person who blends it is Russ. I believe he worked with Joe, but has always been the maker of all of the Seattle Pipe Club tobaccos.” Am I missing something? Or is he just misinformed? Thanks!

Posted 5 months ago #
  2. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

He is misinformed, or simply another idiot who likes to spread misinformation.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 5 months ago #
  3. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The internet strikes again.

Ubi Ignis Est?
    Posted 5 months ago #
  4. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The internet also corrected the error. We live in a constant information war about pretty much everything...any given subject requires personal effort to get anywhere near the reality of things.

Which is why the web is such a double edged sword...lots of bad info with it...but more limited and harder to access info without it.

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 5 months ago #
  5. jiminks

JimInks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I wrote about this a couple years back for this forum. Joe Lankford is the sole creator of the original SPC blends. Here's my reviews of them, plus the history of how they came to be.

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/seattle-pipe-club-luxury-blends-unlike-any-other/

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/seattle-pipe-club-luxury-blends-unlike-any-other-part-2/

Posted 5 months ago #
  6. mikefu

mikefu

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks fellas. I was pretty sure that there wasn’t anything going on that I was unaware of with the creation of SPC blends, but wanted to check to ensure that I am a help to net truth and not a hindrance.

Posted 5 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   paulfg, donjgiles, nunnster, lightxmyfire, ben88, pipestud, troyniss, sasquatch