PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'd like to announce what I've been threatening for several months now (with Kevin's permission) my new website at www.FredrikKing.com Yes, it's meant to sell things, but I announce it here for my many friends and colleagues who are interested in my peculiar pen and ink artwork--there's even a color painting there! Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think of it. A warning: my art and illustrations tend to be moody and gothic, so it's not for everyone. But I guarantee you'll find it interesting.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
"Rooftop Dancers" at this time stands as my best drawing, although I will stard on a much larger return to theme in the future. Who is Jiminks? If you read this, Jiminks, write and introduce yourself.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Man. You got some talent. Well done. I do some writing and the rooftop dancers and pipe smoking witch images have me thinking...

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
The witch portrait, some of you may remember, first appeared in our forum here--she is our own witch, the lovely Video Babe Gabrielle. I consider the drawing one of my best drawings.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Who is Jiminks?
Jim is the finest palette of Pipe Tobacco tasting and a tremendously talented artist. Please PM him and introduce yourself. A very stand up guy in my book! He has been nothing but kind and informative to me...

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That is a very nice website Fred and I must say you have amazing talent!! :clap:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Fred:
Your art doesn't do it for me, hoss.
I like whores drawn by Toulouse-Lautrec, apples and pears by Matisse, bridges by Monet, any damned thing in the world by any of the Wyeths and I'll get pretty weepy in front of the Norman Rockwell of your choice.
I'm older, okay? It's what I grew up with and that's that.
But, your art appeals. I've just sent your website to my Gothic, pierced and heavily tattooed niece and will obtain for her whatever she likes.
I do wish you the best of luck, Sparrowhawk. I'm sure you'll do well.
Fnord

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Good on you, its always encouraging to see an artist being proactive. I like the detail and perspective of the rooftop dancers piece.
Isaac

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I want to take a moment to thank those of you who've written saying nice things about my website, or more specifically the art on the website. It's very kind of you, and is frankly the reaction I was hoping to get. It's very nice to be recognized.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I already got a request for an original drawing on my site: it wouldn't happen to be someone from here, would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.