PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
A while back I was browsing pipes on Ebay. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, just browsing, and admiring some nice looking pipes. I happened across a Peterson Samhain/Halloween pipe and immediately thought of Fred. It was a very neat looking pipe with a witch on a broom on the band. So I quickly copied the link and sent him a private message here on the forums. Sparrowhawk pounced on that pipe... seems he really wanted it :D and won the bidding. In thanks for the tip he asked if he could send me a couple tins of tobacco. And so wanting to try Molto Dolce since I've heard so much good about it, I informed him about the deal on Sutliff tins at Pipesandcigars.com. Buy 2 get 1. I told him to send me a couple of those and keep the third for himself. Well I received a package in the mail today, and it seems he went ahead and sent me all three along with a little thank you note. I haven't smoked any yet, but I just popped the lid on a tin and this stuff smells amazing. In fact if I didn't know it was tobacco I'd be digging in with a fork... then again I may still do that 8O I'm drying out a bowls worth right now as it is quite moist, but the suspense is killing me lol!
Fred, good sir, thank you. May that pipe bring you many many years of happiness... and maybe witchery.
CAM00883.jpg
[/url][/img]
CAM00884.jpg
[/url][/img]

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Hey, it was a great tip. That pipe has become one of my favorites, so it was my pleasure to modestly repay you, Anthony! BTW, I checked with Smoking Pipes to see if it was possible to get a similar Peterson--it wouldn't have to have the Halloween nomenclature on it, just the model of pipe itself because it smoked so great, and SP emailed me back that they had never seen a Peterson like the Halloween one. So it is a unique pipe indeed!--and I would have missed out on it if it weren't for Andy's tip. Enjoy that Molto Dolce, Andy!

_12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.