Spammers in the Forum

(18 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by eaglerico
  • Latest reply from riskybusiness
  1. eaglerico

eaglerico

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think this may need to be a sticky. I know you mods are all very busy and I have hard time remembering all the mods names to be able to send them a message alerting them to a spammer.

Newest one I have run across today is "alenkaul". He posted here.

His signature has links to pipes that are not of the kind we discuss here.

Glenn
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. hawk60ce

hawk60ce

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

? Can't seem to find his post in that thread. Maybe already deleted?

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. lordnoble

lordnoble

Mod

Login to Send PM

Yup. Got it. I was alerted earlier, but I had to get everything flowing at work before I could get to it. Feel free to PM any/all of us Mods. We'll try to get it as soon as we can. Thanks!

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. hawk60ce

hawk60ce

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cool!

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

might be usefull to have a sticky with a list of who all are mods?

The true measure of a mans worth is how he chooses to chance his mortality
    Junior Member of the Black Bloods
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

7. guitarguy86

guitarguy86

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I keep getting ridiculously long names awaiting comment approval on my account. Names that are just numbers and letters, twenty characters long. I'm assuming it's an attempt to get personal information. (fishers maybe?)

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. madmurdoc

madmurdoc

Login to Send PM

May want to check into farikwatsn, he posted some wholesale jewelry link, and started 2 threads with the same subject. Another with the same wholesale jewelry link.

“The same hand that can write a beautiful poem, can knock you out with one punch—that's Poetic Justice.”
    ― "Irish" Wayne Kelly
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. eaglerico

eaglerico

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Spammer made it through. First one in a long time. Posted links not related the subject matter here.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-restoration-center

Member johnstephen124

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. rlunderhill

rlunderhill

Login to Send PM

In the last two weeks, I've received 10 viruses. I was able to get them out OK, but I'd like to know how I got them.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. eaglerico

eaglerico

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Got another one. Member rosejacob6.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/e-cigarette-1

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You know sometimes I make a comment that I'm not sure people will get the humor on and fully expect the mods and Kevin to suddenly uncamo themselves from the little cubicle farm I work in to "terminate my account" the old fashioned way. Y'all are spooky efficient.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. eaglerico

eaglerico

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Got a new one.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/tobacco-taste-1#post-394696

Member lanehooker.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. eaglerico

eaglerico

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

15. eaglerico

eaglerico

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

16. pipestud

pipestud

Login to Send PM

ALERT! Please read this information that comes directly from well known and well respected hobbyist Marty Pulver's website, Pulver's Briar. The individual named also tried to scam me, but fortunately, I did not fall for his tricks as something just didn't "smell right" when he tried to get me to outright purchase a group of pipes he wanted to send to me for re-sale -

From Marty - "Our hobby seems to be suffering from a minor infestation, and if so, its name is Kyle Black. Kyle Black has apparently scammed, or attempted to scam, a number of people in the hobby, and the way he works is simple. He faithfully completes a transaction with each one of his marks, thus establishing trust. This is easy to do because we are basically a trusting lot, & with good reason; we rarely have a scoundrel among us. After this successful transaction, Kyle Black (and he has used his father, Hallard Black, as a straw man in at least one transaction) initiates another transaction, getting the victim to send the pipe, or tobacco, to him before Kyle sends his promised money, or pipe(s) as trade. At this point, Kyle does not complete his end of the deal. The victim is left without any compensation. In my case, I sent 4 tins of 100 gram size of a Drucquer's tobacco, one of which, at least, is now for sale on eBay, which means that whoever buys it is buying stolen merchandise. Among his victims, or proposed victims, are: myself, Rodrigo Garza of Treasure Pipes, Larry Roush, Dan Benson, a customer of mine and Larry's and others that I know about, but who's consent to use their names I haven't received yet. In order to prevent his successful use of an alias, Kyle Black functions out of the Houston Texas area, which I suspect includes League City, TX, the address I have for him. It might be wise to skip any business opportunities with Kyle Black." Marty Pulvers

The good news is that Anthony Soderman (an attorney), and law enforcement officials in the Houston area are closing in on this guy and he'll either be making restitution or going to jail in the near future (I hope). He was using two separate USER ID's to sell pipes and tobacco he didn't really have on eBay, and those two sites have, fortunately, been shut down.

Thanks,

Pipestud

Posted 7 months ago #
  17. teufelhund

teufelhund

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would like to report member skid; for not follwing regulations regarding the sale of a pipe and spamming the advertisement of his pipe on many threads not petraining to buy/sell/trade. They are also generally being distasteful in referring to other longstanding members here. Thank you for your consideration.

Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world. - Irish Proverb
    Posted 3 months ago #
  18. riskybusiness

riskybusiness

Login to Send PM

New one... somebody calling themselves Doctorhookah has 2 posts and both are hookahs for sale.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/hookah-for-sale
    http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/khalil-mamoon-hookah

Posted 1 month ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   antbauers, judcole, porshcigar, radio807