Inbox

x
The #1 Source for Pipes and Pipe Tobacco Information

9:48 AM (1 hour ago)
to me

Gift20 sent you a new message:
Subject: Hello
"Hello,

My name is Gift, i saw your profile today and i became interested in you, i will also like to know more about you, i will like you to reply to my mail with my email address so that i can send you my picture,and for you to know whom i am and tell you more things about me. Here is my email address (gift.oumar@hotmail.com) i believe we can start from here so am waiting for your reply to my email address above. Remember that distance or tribe does not matter but love matters a lot in life.

Yours new found friend, (gift.oumar@hotmail.com)

Thanks from Gift.

"
To view the message: http://pipesmagazine.com/members/briarfriar/messages/view/

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
yeah i got that one too. I was hopping it was real, thought id finally found a wife.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Groan. What makes me think "she" wants your bank account number? This is like the old

Nigerian scams. I guess they send out a million of these and get back a few hundred responses

from lonely confused souls. I've sustained a few relationships online as a widower (I'm now

happily married to a bride I first met in 1967), but I've never met anyone online. It's pretty risky.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Check out www.419eater.com it is a forum dedicated to driving these scammers crazy! As an after thought London is very pleasant!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Love like that doesn't come around every day, don't let her get away!
86061750_3281.jpg

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Yeah, I got it, too. I reckon it's unavoidable from time to time. I'm going to check out that link condorlover1 shared. :twisted:

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I got bad news that I had to leave town for the next 2 days on business but then I saw this spam that I got. I laughed my balls off. Gift as a username damn can the scammers make it many more obvious it really did turn my day around. All the mail order bride stuff also gave me a good laugh. :rofl:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I received the same message. You can see our new friend Gift20's profile HERE.
Our new friend Gift Oumar lives in Daker Hawaii, smokes Meerschaum pipes, and has been a pipe smoker since February 1991. Sounds legit to me! :wink:

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Haven't seen this one yet. . . but GMail has a fantastic spam filter, so I'd have to go looking for it in my Junk folder anyway. . .
Bob

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
That link is amusing. Wonder if those scambaiters ever flip the script.

Im so happy you reached out to me! I just happened to win the lottery but unfortunately I'm married! Please send me $1500 so I can fly you out here and we can have you claim our prize and live happily ever after!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I just received two identical pm's from the person in question. I replied, will marry for large quantities of Penzance or vintage Three Nuns.

Status
Not open for further replies.