Space Shuttle video - You gotta see this!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
http://io9.com/5893615/absolutely-mindblowing-video-shot-from-the-space-shuttle-during-launch

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Wow. Yeah there have been a few other videos of that, but not in high def and not from different angles. Intense.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Coolest thing I've seen in a while. Had to share it with you all. I'm just young enough to have missed all the moon landing business but I grew up with the Shuttle program. It was a big deal back in grade school, the teacher would wheel in a television and we would watch the launches and landings live. In the later years it got maybe a few seconds on the evening news. Sad to see it go. I always wanted to go down to the cape and watch a launch but never got around to it.
I spent some time in the USAF working on jets and missiles so needless to say this stuff gets me going.

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
cool !
i was wondering about it breaking the sound barrier and it looks like about 700 mph it starts shredding some serious air into pieces and leaving it all behind
@annapolispipes
is that your real face ? - or are you just glad to see me ?
hahaha - sorry - couldn't resist such a magnificent massive beam of utter gentile i mean genteel construction ( speaking of your persona )
you seem like the kind of guy that would even look good smoking a horse head bookend pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.